• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does autograph and sketch with names adressed to bothers you
2 2

48 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I have two... but they are things that I have no intention of ever selling... 

Carroll Spinney commission.  The original guy that performed Big Bird was also an artist.  The second is a high quality reprint of a Bloom County cartoon with a remarque from Berkley Breathed. 

image.png.cdddd1f575188d4c3a77b6dc67ea3c95.png

0FE51FD6-8E63-455C-90EB-57D40F2727DD.thumb.jpeg.3136dca11fb3c6b2a8c4bf6a1151a1f3.jpg

9D4E33B4-82AC-4290-B4F9-7B58CCB7A7F7.thumb.jpeg.0a9c5d2c0441ad90682520b1a8e86307.jpg

Those are just amazing.  Congratulations! 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have two... but they are things that I have no intention of ever selling... 

Carroll Spinney commission.  The original guy that performed Big Bird was also an artist.  The second is a high quality reprint of a Bloom County cartoon with a remarque from Berkley Breathed. 

image.png.cdddd1f575188d4c3a77b6dc67ea3c95.png

0FE51FD6-8E63-455C-90EB-57D40F2727DD.thumb.jpeg.3136dca11fb3c6b2a8c4bf6a1151a1f3.jpg

9D4E33B4-82AC-4290-B4F9-7B58CCB7A7F7.thumb.jpeg.0a9c5d2c0441ad90682520b1a8e86307.jpg

>:(
Today just keeps getting better

thumbnail (3).jpeg

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well you did get a nice double cover today so it isn't all bad.. :foryou:

omg

3 minutes ago, Namtak said:

So he commissions an art that mocks him and not you,and you dont like it?i am confused

No I went to ixtrordinary lengths to get that personalized star wars piece for him and does he list it as one of his personalized original arts?
The answer is no.
Shanked.

My neighbors are having BBQ-I went out and looked hungry couple times.  My next plan is like go out to my car and pretend to pass out then "Oh I havent eaten in 3 days-I'm ok-"
"I'm supposed to get some food next week-

I'm not a big fan of the personalized sig if it wasn't for me. It would be last resort and would definitely lower the value for me personally. As to the whole debate about defacing a book, I don't know. Is it any worse than entombing a book and never looking inside the cover? Artists sign their artwork all the time. Why would this be any different?

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I'm not a big fan of the personalized sig if it wasn't for me. It would be last resort and would definitely lower the value for me personally. As to the whole debate about defacing a book, I don't know. Is it any worse than entombing a book and never looking inside the cover? Artists sign their artwork all the time. Why would this be any different?

Well, slabbing a book isn't really "entombing it"--you can take it out at any time.  Hand signing is altering it forever ("defacing" is a bit strong, in hindsight), and now that particular book lacks uniformity.  I'm also not a fan of the old date stamps, though some people like them, and I'd take one of those over an aftermarket signature.  In addition, some hand signatures just look objectively awful, as in at that particular signing they messed up the placement or used an odd color marker for the background or maybe they signed it in a hurry and it doesn't even look like their signature.  Stan Lee, for example, has some really awful signatures out there. 

That having been said, nothing against people who like yellows.  Just not for me.

I was heavy into the Sig Series  about 15 years ago.  A large number of the books I submitted were signed on the splash page( or a specific interior page ie; Byrne on GS Dracula 5 ).    I much preferred the interior sigs.  I didn’t need to see the scribble on the front,  I just liked the idea that my books were at one time placed open in front of the artists/inkers/writers I enjoyed. One can’t always make the trip to get them done in person. 

Anyway, this is the only book that was ever personalized.  Lou apparently wouldn’t sign it any other way.  The witness didn’t know me, and just gave Lou what my LCS owner had written on the bag.

So I got “ To C. Hoff “

Glad it was personalized, otherwise it would have been sold along with the rest of my SS collection. 

D7697EF0-6D06-4808-A059-0A01B53F16F3.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

2 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Does not bother me!

img009.thumb.jpg.26496e0fa5f7c005b82206aba41ed2b7.jpg

The question is ,and remain will you buy comics with the name of someone else,is the comics adressed to you?

I get all of mine personalized to me because I’m not getting them to re-sell. I look at them more of a memory of a moment when I met someone whose work I admire. I like seeing my name on it.

I will buy signatures and sketches by people I haven’t met and I’d prefer if they weren’t personalized to some dude named Josh