• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does autograph and sketch with names adressed to bothers you
2 2

48 posts in this topic

Even if I bought a book with ‘To Ken’ on it, it would still feel quite false as I’d know it was done for another Kenneth and not me.

There’d be no sense of attachment.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Namtak said:

The title says it all,me im divided,sometimes it bothers me,but it depends what.a sketch or oa dont bothets me

$_1.jpeg.jpg

Carl - This is a good question you are asking tho it does seem odd that you are of two minds when you were the one asking. 

For myself, Carl, the short answer is yes it does bother. The longer answer is most all writing on comics bothers me except when allowable at lower grades. 

2 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Carl - This is a good question you are asking tho it does seem odd that you are of two minds when you were the one asking. 

For myself, Carl, the short answer is yes it does bother. The longer answer is most all writing on comics bothers me except when allowable at lower grades. 

Lol i bought that book its on the way but im no car lol,that was the point,do some of you buy comics with a note to someone else,for me having a Neil Adams sketch with a discount was perfect

5 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

For me a sketch or oa is ok with someone else name on it,but just an autograph i really dont like it ,therefore the duality of subject.so yeah i am divided on that subject

1 hour ago, Namtak said:

Lol i bought that book its on the way but im no car lol,that was the point,do some of you buy comics with a note to someone else,for me having a Neil Adams sketch with a discount was perfect

One thing about this sketch ss. You could send it to a facilitator to have it colored and in the process have them cover up the personalization, all while maintaining the SS and possibly add another signature from the colorist.  

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

One thing about this sketch ss. You could send it to a facilitator to have it colored and in the process have them cover up the personalization, all while maintaining the SS and possibly add another signature from the colorist.  

He can do that, if he wants.