Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?
5 5

Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?

• AC1
    • TEC27

71 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Well, Superman 1 does have the historic importance of being the first comic book devoted to a single Superhero, right?  And its earlier than Batman 1 (1939 vs. 1940) and features Superman's origin.  Plus, I like O'Mealia who definitely contributed to the cover and may have drawn it (after the panel in Action 10).  But, I agree that Batman 1 has better character debuts (Joker and Catwoman). But, Batman 1 is way way more common.  There may be only one Superman 1 that could grade out higher than 8.0.

All good reasons to prefer the book; I certainly wouldn't criticize someone for picking Superman 1 over Batman 1. I think at this level of book it's pretty much entirely a personal preference/gut feeling kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Yep.  He's never been done right.  Needs something like the Thor treatment. He was not a super-serious character during the GA.  

Here you go :whistle:See the source image

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

add Cap #1 at 5...

oh, I agree, Cap #1 at #5, unlike Overstreet which has it tied at #7 with Action Comics #7, I mean, I love Action #7, but it shouldn't be tied with Cap #1.

4 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Well, Superman 1 does have the historic importance of being the first comic book devoted to a single Superhero, right?  And its earlier than Batman 1 (1939 vs. 1940) and features Superman's origin.  Plus, I like O'Mealia who definitely contributed to the cover and may have drawn it (after the panel in Action 10).  But, I agree that Batman 1 has better character debuts (Joker and Catwoman). But, Batman 1 is way way more common.  There may be only one Superman 1 that could grade out higher than 8.0.

Superman is extremely rarer than any of the other 3 books, so thats has always helped its desirability enough to overcome the fact that its just a collection of reprints.  But also means there aren't enough HG copies around to make a market.  Best is locked up in a basement, the 2 8.0s aren't going anywhere, and now you looking at Fs and VGs if you want a copy.  So yeah, Bat 1 with 2 huge first appearances has the edge, enough to overcome its status as "un-scarce".  So when the bitcoin and card guys step up to the big comics, they won't be scared by a highly populated census!

9 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

add Cap #1 at 5...

I'd go for Cap #1 as number one for me(tied with Marvel #1-I love Subby SO much).,if it was an all are the same price forever pick one.Having read the Famous First Eds.,for personal enjoyment I'd go for Detective over Action.

If forced to choose money wise I'd go for the Action,sell it,get Marvel #1 and with the change buy some pre Bat Tecs,Action #4 and if any dough left over an Amazing Man comics #22 and Adventure #37.Oh wow,what a fine,fine daydream I'm having eh?

Sigh,I want them all,and I want to read them and smell them.

23 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

After pondering over the question all week I chose Action Comics 1. But I am very conflicted. Like the time I had to choose between two girls, in the end I chose the one with the nicer feet. 

:taptaptap:  :makepoint:See the source imageFeet 

While I'll never own either, it would be Action #1 for me mainly due to it's historical significance. Can be argued for both but this one started it. 

I'd go Tec #27. Cover is way cooler. Even though we don't know who "The Bat-Man" is and how he came to be at that point, his origin is awesome. Someone that driven and focused has a gear loose. Anybody can get shot to Earth in a rocket while their planet explodes around them, but to maintain that kind of mindtrip throughout adolescence into young adulthood is really the rarer of the two.

I sort of resented Batman comics from Detective 38-Detective 395. Oh! THERE you are, The Batman! We missed you!