Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?
5 5

Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather own AC1 or TEC27?

• AC1
    • TEC27

72 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, Professor Chaos said:

After pondering over the question all week I chose Action Comics 1. But I am very conflicted. Like the time I had to choose between two girls, in the end I chose the one with the nicer feet. 

See, I should have taken my time to think this through. 

I like Batman more and I've always said "Tec27 over AC1", so I immediately answered Tec27. 

But I never really thought about it because the idea of owning either is so far fetched. 

If I were ever in a realistic situation where I could pick one, I think I would change my vote to AC1.  I  can't help but think about everything that comic would come to represent. All of the history that followed and what it paved the way for. 

On 4/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, sfcityduck said:

Yep.  He's never been done right.  Needs something like the Thor treatment. He was not a super-serious character during the GA.  

Id say the Reeves movies, from what I recall of them,  had the perfect tone 

On 4/18/2021 at 7:04 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Some original print numbers thanks to a previous Chicago Boy post just for extra info.

EEFCD82C-F0B2-4DB0-A735-3AD2D549A1D2.jpeg

Those figures are very interesting...my question is, if Marvel # 1 had a print run of four to five times that of the big two, why can I not find a copy ?

35 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Those figures are very interesting...my question is, if Marvel # 1 had a print run of four to five times that of the big two, why can I not find a copy ?

you can find a copy just not for 10k or under.lol I know cause i been looking for years :taptaptap:

I’m bias but Action comics #1 is the more impressive and historically important book but Detective comics #27 is more fun to own. I’d recommend getting at least 2 copies...lol

20 hours ago, woowoo said:

you can find a copy just not for 10k or under.lol I know cause i been looking for years :taptaptap:

I'm not expecting to find one for under $10 K...under $50 K would be just fine...

On 5/1/2021 at 8:34 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I voted for Tec 27. I've always been irritated by the idea that Superman can disguise himself by putting on glasses.

If I knew you well, and then you put on a Batman mask and tights --- I'd know it was you dude ... just sayin'   :roflmao:

Edited by fishbone
On 4/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, KPR Comics said:

Agree to disagree.  Both books are stratospheric, so it's not likely that a buyer of one would be stretching any kind of budget.  For someone that could afford either, they live in an "and" world not an "or".

There are guys who mortgage their houses to buy key books. Most guys with enough money to buy both look down their noses at comic collecting. Despite the rocketing prices, it's still by and large a working man's hobby. (I haven't remortgaged my house yet, but I went without health coverage for nine years in order to fund my comic book purchases. I just bought coverage this year; I decided it was a necessity with Covid going on.)