• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Shill Auction
3 3

45 posts in this topic

Wow.  ASM annual #1 CGC .5, pages missing, incomplete.

80 bids. Sold for $2300.00.

What is going on here?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/72-Big-Page-Annual-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-1-1964-/324542982077?hash=item4b9044e7bd%3Ag%3AXMgAAOSwHihf2wy~&nma=true&si=WtR9YFikVCwO4VYjmLKTbA6rXN4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Cliff R.
fixed typo. pages plural.

Looks like a great deal - it's missing only FOURTEEN PAGES!!  (Pages 21-34 missing, affects story) ya think???

Maybe 2 zero feedback stupid bidders thought they were bidding on an Amazing Spider-Man 1.  The title says Annual, but the description says Amazing Spider-Man 1, no mention of annual.  That's enough to trip up those without sufficient gray matter.

Doesn't look like a shill.  No bid retractions.  Sure, the opposing bid was "probed", but usually the shill stops short of winning.  And each would take the lead at some point, then the other come in over the top.  Hard to tell which would be the shill - 3***4 or 3***7.  Maybe it was shill vs. shill.

Sticking with my first assessment - 2 equally stupid bidders.  One was lucky (the 2nd place bidder).

I think I’m gonna go with the shill labeling on this one too. Wouldn’t be surprised if seller and bidders were all associated with the same payment method/account that would get them all suspended. The children working at eBay aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed these days. :insane: 

Edited by B2D327

6 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

What really puzzles me is why c***3 with  a feedback rating of 288 bid $950 for it. hm

Maybe he mainly only buys beenie babies.

I'm lookin at an ASM annual 1 that is only missing the cover and the pages!

28 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

It's immoral but I get it now. Even though this isn't real and I know it's not real I'm thinking about picking up the ASM Annual 1 nearby. Only has half a cover, think it was a returned copy back in the day but I don't have one and now I want it lol 

You should get it while it's still affordable.   (thumbsu

15 minutes ago, kav said:

I've got my eye on a bag and board that used to contain an ASM #1!

I've got my eye on a 2.0 CGC purple label from a resubbed Annual 1. No book, just the label. The seller also has a 2.0 blue label. Just the label and the back half of the slab with slight corner crack, but that's already over my budget. :pullhair:

Edited by James J Johnson

4 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

ASM annual #1 CGC .5, pages missing, incomplete.

80 bids. Sold for $2300.00.

What is going on here?

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

What really puzzles me is why c***3 with  a feedback rating of 288 bid $950 for it. hm

It's a key issue!

And it's a Marvel ! ! ! 

I'm surprised it didn't sell for more. :baiting:

Edited by Domo Arigato