• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay Shill Auction
3 3

45 posts in this topic

It looks like the same seller sold this in early January, and the same zero feedback bidder took it $275, and then bid three times over that. Either it's a shill, or someone is playing games with the seller. Suspicious looking bidders aren't always in league with the seller, sometimes they can be someone with either an axe to grind with a seller, or who has some other motivation for running up the bids on something they never intend to buy. Who knows what the second zero fb bidder was doing, but it looks like they wanted to see how high the first one was willing to go.

Expect to see this listed again by the same seller.

16 minutes ago, HotKey said:

I have a picture of a pristine annual #1 that I can offer as a NFT for the low low price of $99 and I promise to never use the image again.

What a deal!

Put it on ebay and let the shills have a crack at it. :baiting:

The amount of  fraud in eBay comic sales/auctions is at an all time high.  It is frankly alarming.  At times, I legitimately fear that it is going to cause SERIOUS problems for our hobby/community.  I appreciate the people who say things like "there's always been bad actors," but I like many of you follow the market very closely and it is frightening what has been going on since COVID quarantine.  That is not to suggest that this particular auction or any particular auction is fraudulent.  That is to say that in the aggregate, the pattern is clear.  

14 hours ago, HotKey said:

I have a picture of a pristine annual #1 that I can offer as a NFT for the low low price of $99 and I promise to never use the image again.

What a deal!