• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman 361 price climb

29 posts in this topic

So, with all the madness about Amazing 300.....I am left to wonder, will Amazing Spiderman 361 fly up in price too?  Its fair to say that, I THINK  the book ASM 361, in blue label, was a 600-700 book about 4 to 5 months ago, does anyone know for sure?  Will it see the same crazy climb that the first Venom has?  I have seen a few signed 9.8's already hitting 1000+

I am not following all the details of the next Venom movie, but Carnage will be the main villain?  

1 hour ago, littlebull said:

So, with all the madness about Amazing 300.....I am left to wonder, will Amazing Spiderman 361 fly up in price too?  Its fair to say that, I THINK  the book ASM 361, in blue label, was a 600-700 book about 4 to 5 months ago, does anyone know for sure?  Will it see the same crazy climb that the first Venom has?  I have seen a few signed 9.8's already hitting 1000+

I am not following all the details of the next Venom movie, but Carnage will be the main villain?  

It already has flown up in price.  I paid $300 for mine last year.  That's about a quadruple.  Spider-Man 300 only tripled in that time.  

If you're asking if it will catch up to 300, the answer is no.  

Almost all first appearances (In my opinion) have jumped recently, everyone is banking on movie or TV appearances.

That being said, if they drop a solid Carnage film yes, it will skyrocket. (Take New Mutants 98 as an example - Deadpool was indie, only real "nerds" cared. Now Deadpool is mainstream and prices are outrageous) Will it match ASM 300? Not likely, but it will still climb.

I used to sell a lot of them.  At one point, I sold five 9.8 copies in average of $350 in 2018.

There are 22 copies are currently selling.  See the prices have gone up.

55521239_ScreenShot2021-04-06at3_32_36PM.thumb.png.6fcc91a69c22c8ead0fbc9361e3256da.png

44 more copies are currently selling. Ridiculous 9.6 copies are nearly twice than my 9.8 copies.

1176325063_ScreenShot2021-04-06at3_33_19PM.thumb.png.b107a33b70ee19f1c85f0af99a25efd8.png

I forced to buy one NM copy for future.

Amazing....I guess the question is, will Amazing 361 have the same staying power as Amazing 300....seems like ASM 300 in 9.8 wont be going down anytime soon, I wonder if that will be the case with Amazing 361.

16 minutes ago, littlebull said:

Amazing....I guess the question is, will Amazing 361 have the same staying power as Amazing 300....seems like ASM 300 in 9.8 wont be going down anytime soon, I wonder if that will be the case with Amazing 361.

Venom has several "beginning issues" be it your ASM 298 or 299 or even web of spider-man 18, but carnage has them too. Such as, ASM 344 345, or even 359 &360, so it's all here to stay.

I hope there is a consensus or determination of this kind of character development. I wonder if future publishers will see this as a way to string along a storyline.

As a kid, everyone was getting these issues to read and were enjoying the build up, but I'm not sure if current buyers of moderns would feel the same.

Part of me Hope's so, but also realizes what it was like to come back to collecting and stumbling upon all the talk and the struggle to regain ownership of aaaaaaaaaallllllll the issues, then to have them graded to be proud.

It almost is the only way to make people run collectors hm

That last part is true, but I know there are a lot of readers out there, that will be run collecting regardless  (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I remember when I first joined the boards and got lambasted and laughed at for liking or seeking out ASM 361...and I recently included it in a trade for X-Men 1...who is laughing now?

Of course it's rise in value isn't surprising, it's the off spring of Venom, but the market is filled with symbiotes....it's your choice who you like the best

ASM 300 has the benefit of being a McFarlane cover, many of which have gone up regardless of issue importance, and features one of the most iconic, homaged shots in all of comics.  ASM 361 has a... Bagley cover, which is perhaps the worst of any key in the last 40 years.  For those reasons alone, 361 will never catch 300.  I'm amazed it's as high as it is, frankly.

7 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

ASM 300 has the benefit of being a McFarlane cover, many of which have gone up regardless of issue importance, and features one of the most iconic, homaged shots in all of comics.  ASM 361 has a... Bagley cover,

Yeah, Bagley is definitely not McFarlane.

which is perhaps the worst of any key in the last 40 years.

lol No, not even close.

For those reasons alone, 361 will never catch 300.  I'm amazed it's as high as it is, frankly.

There are likely a lot more extant copies of ASM 361 as well. Like hundreds of thousands more.

10 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Yeah, Bagley is definitely not McFarlane.

I should clarify that I actually like Bagley quite a bit.  Similar to say Ramos and Romita Jr etc.  My point was more that I don't think as many books are getting a bump because it's a Bagley cover as opposed to say a McFarlane or J Scott Campbell cover.

10 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

lol No, not even close.

What's your pic for key on the level of 361 with a worse cover?  There's a thread devoted to this very topic in general.  Others have tried, but I have personally not yet seen 361's equal.

There are a ton of 361s out there that are not even graded.  There are almost 20,000 graded copies.  I have 3 copies of that book, there are probably people that have long boxes full of them.  But who knows in this market 9.6s are selling for $450 and 9.8s selling for over $1000.  

5A042547-22C6-49B3-AC44-BD1E7C95E9D2.jpeg

2EDC9F9B-4B51-48CD-A35E-9E062C172B2F.jpeg

9293C234-2F72-4A0D-9F88-DDFDEB525015.jpeg

Its safe to say everything Carnage will continue to go up. ASM361 not Todd father but its a cool 1st introduction cover. Early Carnage books will see a bump in prices. Like someone mention on this boards the Carnage Grail (Maximum Carnage #1 Acclaim) will go bananas ones they show us the Venom 2 trailer. 

4 minutes ago, MB1952 said:

Its safe to say everything Carnage will continue to go up. ASM361 not Todd father but its a cool 1st introduction cover. Early Carnage books will see a bump in prices. Like someone mention on this boards the Carnage Grail (Maximum Carnage #1 Acclaim) will go bananas ones they show us the Venom 2 trailer. 

What is the Maximum Carnage #1 Acclaim? Was that a comic that was given out with the video game??