• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waiting on status update

17 posts in this topic

I just submitted my first two comics for CGC grading.  I know that CGC received them about a week ago, but am unable to track the grading process - CGC says that they haven't received the books.  Is this normal?

• Administrator

Good morning,

We are currently opening and entering mail that was received the week of 3-15 so we haven't started opening mail from a week ago just yet.  Once it is logged in, you will receive an email and then at that point, you will be able to see it when you log into the system.

Thanks!

Not to take over someone else's thread but if there is a signing event judging by the back log process give or take how long should we estimate to get a book to you before the deadline? I have also submitted books the same week as Gus and was going to ask the same question so thank you for answering his so efficiently. 

• Administrator

Hi, if you are submitting for a private signing, we ask you to write the artist's initials all over the outside of the box and we will pull those out upon receipt and get them logged in ASAP.  The submissions just have to be delivered by the cut off date and not necessarily opened and logged in by that date.

Thanks!

My books were picked up from the PO Box on 3/23/21. I know you mentioned you were working on shipments received on 3/15 back on 4/6.. Any updates? No hurry, just anxious to find out if my books arrived okay..

Just a suggestion, but given the overwhelming backlog at the moment you may want to put the info regarding your progress in processing shipments somewhere on the main site. That might help cut down on inquires.

Though it is a bit of an uncomfortable wait, it's good to know (based on what GusOrin and zypher just said) that the wait time between package receipt and submission acknowledgment is approximately 4 weeks or so at this time. I will let this temper my expectations about ongoing submissions, together with the added current turnaround times...

2 hours ago, LoST Ups said:

Yeah right. The dumb Newbs don't even read the website before asking questions here. But they have this now:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8978/submission-grades/

Understood, I know some other sites that were backed up due to corona shortages and the Suez Canal incident has a banner on their homepage like "Yes, we're working on it, current expectation is BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

If cgc updated the main page with a banner that said "Current turn around times: XX Months. Currently sorting shipments which arrived on: XX/XX/XX." and kept that banner up to each each morning or afternoon, It could go a long way.

Just wishful thinking though. I'll keep logging back in and checking to see if it's been received instead...

Edited by zypher
Adding that they would need to update it daily.

37 minutes ago, zypher said:

Understood, I know some other sites that were backed up due to corona shortages and the Suez Canal incident has a banner on their homepage like "Yes, we're working on it, current expectation is BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

If cgc updated the main page with a banner that said "Current turn around times: XX Months. Currently sorting shipments which arrived on: XX/XX/XX." and kept that banner up to each each morning or afternoon, It could go a long way.

Just wishful thinking though. I'll keep logging back in and checking to see if it's been received instead...

Erry day would be great, but I'd be pacified if they had this and only updated every two weeks at this point.

I've been at this a long time and am well aware that we all have to basically submit it and forget, but a little bit of transparency with recieving times would be amazing. It's a fallacy to post TAT's when in reality it's TAT plus weeks or even months for receiving.

23 hours ago, Darthreggie said:

I sent in 31 books last month.  USPS delivered the books on March 25th.  They were marked as received on April 23rd, took about 4 weeks.  

Hmm, that's concerning for me.. Since mine showed up sooner and I haven't seen any updates on the site/my order isn't listed yet.. Did you get pressing and did you pay for express or just normal modern submissions?

Seperately, if I opted for CCS pressing, does that mean I won't see my order status at all until it's pressed and handed off the CGC?

Just posted back to let everyone know my order (which arrived at the PO Box on 3/23 has popped up and is officially received by CGC as of today 4/26. So anyone with submissions around that time, keep the faith your time is nigh!

Hello there, 

My UPS tracking shows that the books I submitted were received by and signed for by a CGC staff on the 8th of April, but they haven't been processed yet. I guess I too am waiting for my books to be processed.