• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

So anyway, getting back to Attila and his comic hoard. Anyone know what his collection was like? I imagine it must have been pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay sweet!

Have you never heard of the Golden Horde? 

5 hours ago, Adam Lui said:

My interest piqued when he says interesting things like he deleted an apology for bullying

I never said I deleted an apology for bullying.

Moving on

"There are plenty of posts making fun of him that aren't deleted, post-intervention"

Please quote the posts

18 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Adam, everyone acts like an expert because they've seen this song and dance before and they speak from many years of experience.

They know that there was massive speculation in the 90s and Atilla the Hun size hoards of books went into storage because they couldn't be sold.  They know these books are common and boxes of uncirculated comics aren't unusual.  And finally they know what it takes to get a 9.8 from CGC.  Anyone who believes a box of unread and uncirculated comics will yield all or mostly 9.8 copies doesn't know what they're talking about.

If you stored books better in your hoard you would have more 9.8s. :baiting:

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

True.  How could I know Ultimate Fallout 4 was gonna be valuable?

:roflmao: You should have taken a picture of how you had those stored.

On a serious note, look at the stock that one LCS owner in town is pulling out from his 80s/early 90s spec buys that are in storage. A couple of years ago he hit 93/100 9.8s on his Infinity Gauntlet 1 submissions (and the 5 copies I bought from his other case graded 9.8). Prior to that, the NM 98s that I bought when he broke that case graded 9.8 for the most part with just a couple of 9.6s. It is possible if the cases/boxes are stored properly. 

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

True.  How could I know Ultimate Fallout 4 was gonna be valuable?

I did :banana:

1 minute ago, kimik said:

:roflmao: You should have taken a picture of how you had those stored.

On a serious note, look at the stock that one LCS owner in town is pulling out from his 80s/early 90s spec buys that are in storage. A couple of years ago he hit 93/100 9.8s on his Infinity Gauntlet 1 submissions (and the 5 copies I bought from his other case graded 9.8). Prior to that, the NM 98s that I bought when he broke that case graded 9.8 for the most part with just a couple of 9.6s. It is possible if the cases/boxes are stored properly. 

They were stored in a short box but weren't bagged or boarded.  it would cost me a fortune to bag and board everything.

Which LCS?

So most likely possibilities of the hoard:

Superman 75 - Tons of people ordered cases of this that they sat on.  I'd put this as an odds on favorite (50%)

Spawn 1 - Another popular speculation issue.  I'd put this somewhere around 20%

Venom Lethal Protector 1 - Almost as popular as the first two.  Around 15%.

Bloodshot 1 - Pretty popular.  Around 10%.

Something else (WildC.A.T.S 1?, Rai 0? Something Else?) Around 5%

1 minute ago, thunsicker said:

Superman 75 - Tons of people ordered cases of this that they sat on.  I'd put this as an odds on favorite (50%)

I posted this in another thread recently, but my money is on a Valiant book based on the number of store stock longs I have seen of Rai 0, Turok 1 and Bloodshot 1.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Just saw the breaking news and apparently I may not be able to add a new member to my NFL Legal Troubles Chase Autograph Card Collection 

Don't worry @onlyweaknesskryptonite I am scanning the Rae Caruth card right now and will be uploading that next with his wiki entry in a few minutes over on my sports card journal.

7 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

They were stored in a short box but weren't bagged or boarded.  it would cost me a fortune to bag and board everything.

Which LCS?

How much is it costing you by not bagging and boarding as 9.8s turn to 9.2-9.6 instead. :baiting:

As for the LCS, drop me a PM, but you should know.

Edited by kimik

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Don't worry @onlyweaknesskryptonite I am scanning the Rae Caruth card right now and will be uploading that next with his wiki entry in a few minutes over on my sports card journal.

That's awesome.  

1 minute ago, kimik said:

How much is it costing you to not bagging and boarding as 9.8s turn to 9.2-9.6 instead. :baiting:

As for the LCS, drop me a PM, but you should know.

We got 3 9.6 and 2 9.4s and 1 I traded raw.  I believe we acquired most or all of them when we bought out the comic inventory from the comic/mtg store on Stoney Plain Rd.  There's no guarantee they were 9.8s when we got them

10 hours ago, Adam Lui said:

How old was he? If mid-20s that makes him mid-50s which is much older than those who collected 90s comics as kids like you and me so his nostalgia was more for his childhood comics vs. 90s ones is why he partook in the beration

The OP revealed he collected since the '90s so he is also attuned to what people want today. That is why he only asked for adviec on how to mass-grade not evaluate prices

Did this joker just invade my safe space and suggest that I'm too old to understand nostalgia? Nearly fifty years in the hobby and forty years in the industry doesn't matter. Only my age?

Where is my White Knight?

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?

It seems we have uncovered the real bully here.

Edited by shadroch

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Did this joker just invade my safe space and suggest that I'm too old to understand nostalgia? Nearly fifty years in the hobby and forty years in the industry doesn't matter. Only my age?

Where is my White Knight?

Will no one rid me of these turbulent priest?

It seems we have uncovered the real bully here.

00fb149fe1190f2aeff707a4582a0dd3.gif.01a8c4777e519a1c1882bb55fd015847.gif

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

Did the OP say they were all the same book? He thinks they came direct from the publisher but they could just as easily be distributor boxes.

There was a guy walking around the last Vegas show I attended with a sealed carton that said 100 copies of Elfquest #2. I forget what he was asking, but it was nuts and I'm sure he went home with it.

Edited by shadroch

25 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Did the OP say they were all the same book? He thinks they came direct from the publisher but they could just as easily be distributor boxes.

There was a guy walking around the last Vegas show I attended with a sealed carton that said 100 copies of Elfquest #2. I forget what he was asking, but it was nuts and I'm sure he went home with it.

Elfquest was being discussed in another thread , if I remember correctly they said that #2 actually had less of them than #1 .