• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Elfquest was being discussed in another thread , if I remember correctly they said that #2 actually had less of them than #1 . 

That is true of the original Elfquest, which was magazine sized. This was most likely the Marvel reprint or #2 of another series as it was a typical comic box. He didn't want to hear that, although I suspect he's been told it repeatedly.  I have not sold an Elfquest in years, but I'd think the last few issues would be the rarest as they were the only ones never reprinted. 

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

That is true of the original Elfquest, which was magazine sized. This was most likely the Marvel reprint or #2 of another series as it was a typical comic box. He didn't want to hear that, although I suspect he's been told it repeatedly.  I have not sold an Elfquest in years, but I'd think the last few issues would be the rarest as they were the only ones never reprinted. 

That makes sense.  You do see a few runs where the last issues can be the toughest as the print runs were really cut. 

8 hours ago, Adam Lui said:
8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Do you actually understand what bullying is?

Wrong, I used it with anyone regardless of agreement.

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You keep using the word, "bullying" with anyone who disagrees with you it seems.

I do, what is your understanding of it? Curious to know, because you are ignoring all signs of it in this thread

The only one who’s even close to being a bully in this thread is the :censored: who is provoking conflict and falsely accusing others of impropriety. :gossip: That would be you (I’m clarifying because you don’t seem capable of understanding simple points).

7 hours ago, Adam Lui said:

The broader point is if you're going to bully or defend them at least know what you're talking about, know what I'm sayin?

The real point is if you are going to accuse people of things, you should be smarter than a turnip and have at least the slightest clue what you’re talking about.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

The real point is if you are going to accuse people of things, you should be smarter than a turnip and have at least the slightest clue what you’re talking about.

488885739_giphy(4)(2).gif.bc3cf887674dc79ae2901da79b5a9ac4.gif

As stated before, my early work caused bullies to even delete their negativity

No, you did nothing. All that happened is that Stu’s latest account (including all posts) was removed. It had nothing to do with this thread or you.

27 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That makes sense.  You do see a few runs where the last issues can be the toughest as the print runs were really cut. 

As I said, it's been years since I sold any, but WARP attempted to keep the issues in print and I don't know any way to tell if a book is a first print or a reprint, except for the cover prices. I'm not sure if there is another way or if all reprints have a different price than the original.  As I recall, there are reprints of all the issues up to around 16. The last few issues were not supposed to be reprinted by Warp.

BTW My first shop was called Quest End and I had shirts made that were airbrushed versions from the first portfolio. I had some photos of myself and a worker posing in them with Wendy Pini.  RIchard wasn't thrilled we had made them but I assured him they were not and would never be for sale.

Edited by shadroch

In what world is calling out bullying of a victim that is not me = me playing victim. The people here that are bullies are in fact a minority as I've posted in threads before this one. You likely don't feel that's the case because you are among the loudest and have an ego (indicators like thinking "saying" things make it true, another one said he never "heard" of such boxes so it can't be true). Egotistical people are highly self-centered and think only if they saw/say it is it true. And the fact you just spoke for "everyone" on this site which is thousands upon thousands really confirms it

lol Ever seen a mirror?

6 hours ago, revat said:

For the OP, in Summary, because this thread will probably be locked:

1.  It sounds like the best way to submit is in batches of 25 or 30, pre-screened for 9.8's.  You should get your own CGC membership, and they'll give you credits you can apply towards the fees.  Since its your first time, I personally would still call/email CGC first to clarify everything, and have them walk you through whole process, including all the fees and an understanding of insurance and potential wait times.

2.  Although you didn't ask for their advice, many folks seem to have attempted to 'help' you decide whether or not to send, whether you need their help or not.  While this may seem somewhat condescending or somehow self-serving on the service, SOOOOOOOOO many newbies come here thinking they've got slabbable valuable stuff, claiming they're mint, gem mint, perfect, etc.  Of course that does not mean you do not have a box full of perfect, valuable comics, or that you shouldn't/wouldn't submit for your own personal reasons independent of financial gain, which of course many people certainly do, including myself.

But with that being said, I think most reasonable people would assume that submitting 200 comics would be for financial gain.  With that said, I'm extremely comfortable saying that submitting 200 comics from 1992 would only be financially rewarding if the following unlikely things are true:

a.  You are sure they'll all grade 9.8 or higher.  Of course the pre-screen helps with that, but paying the pre-screen for failures adds up quick.  Of course you've stated you think they're gem mint, but honestly it would be extremely, extremely rare.

b.  They sell above a certain price.  Factor in shipping back and insurance back and forth, grading fees, invoice fees, opportunity cost of tying up your money, cost of failure.  Determine your break even point and how much profit you think you can make per book, even then you have to factor in selling, other fees, taxes, shipping, your time, returns, etc.  You might be thinking hey they sell for $50, so thats around $20 profit on 200 books, that's an easy $4000.  For the same 1992 book, the odds are it doesn't work that way.  But maybe....

c.  The bulk submission of 200 books (or even 25) would not lower the likely selling price due to the glut of supply.

Of course books like this exist, but the odds just seem so low that you're in that position.

But I'm not here to judge whether you submit or not, I hope you are a comic expert and get all 9.9's on some 1992 key and shove it everyone's faces, AND boost the economy.  I was joking before, but at this point you might actually be able to sell some type of pay-per-view of your unboxing.  I'll go buy some Onlyfans stock in anticipation.

As for the rest of it, enjoy the ride.

(thumbsu

It's unfortunate that this thread got derailed just because some :screwy: noob doesn't realize how many times we've seen versions of this thread.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

legends of the hidden temple nicksplat GIFgiphy-3.gif.d55d1db56cd43ffa58a6d83051e2af4f.gif

It's Madam Trash Heap or Majory Trash Heap.

Most of my GIFs and Memes have multiple reasons I use them . That one was no exception.  Some are Legendary,  not really a Hidden meaning just pulling them from my Temple. (thumbsu

8 hours ago, Slap Happy said:

How does the guy claim to know CGC's grading standards backwards and forward when he only started collecting CGC slabs last month? (shrug)

Just to be clear on this I created the thread but that is not my comment about "started collecting last month.".

The way this is posted it looks like I'm the one who said that, but it was someone else's post.