• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Hi everyone.

This is Jeremy......I'm Domo Arigato's brother and was visiting his family today.

Earlier this evening, he came into the kitchen and grabbed a full bottle of tequila.  Mumbled some nonsense about taking a drink every time the word "bullying" was mentioned.

About 5 minutes later, we found him dead at his desk in a pile of his own vomit.  The 2nd page of this thread was showing on his computer screen, so we really don't know what happened.  Perhaps it was just his time.

Anyway....we've started a Go Fund Me page to help replace the bottle of Tequila.

RIP.

5 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Hi everyone.

This is Jeremy......I'm Domo Arigato's brother and was visiting his family today.

Earlier this evening, he came into the kitchen and grabbed a full bottle of tequila.  Mumbled some nonsense about taking a drink every time the word "bullying" was mentioned.

About 5 minutes later, we found him dead at his desk in a pile of his own vomit.  The 2nd page of this thread was showing on his computer screen, so we really don't know what happened.  Perhaps it was just his time.

Anyway....we've started a Go Fund Me page to help replace the bottle of Tequila. 

giphy-4.gif.d59b94140dd0c59ca97d7c5c235c55fa.gif

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

or he put her cat in a box ....

Turns out the cat got out of the box. It was alive.. was... Sadly we left the box over at one of our friends Rocco's appartment with two brother and according to some prostitutes who show up later, The cat’s name may have been Skippy.

The brothers and Rocco get very, very drunk during their discussion and are being very reckless with their guns.  At one point Rocco slams his fists down on the table, and on one of the guns, which discharges.  Let’s just say this doesn’t work out very well for poor “Skippy”.

1391615183_giphy(11).gif.1a7ed85a8d9e673a2e3a91201d08b953.gif

While we we are not starting a Go Fund me page like they did for poor Domo's bottle of tequila , we did feel an obligation to share this story in hope of warning others about the dangers of reckless cats laying in front of loaded weapons.  

All comics in boxes that are uncirculated are automatically GEM MINT and worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars each and you're all BULLIES for not supporting and encouraging this impending financial windfall! Also, my feelings are hurt and I need to go lie down for awhile...

1 minute ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

All comics in boxes that are uncirculated are automatically GEM MINT and worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars each and you're all BULLIES for not supporting and encouraging this impending financial windfall! Also, my feelings are hurt and I need to go lie down for awhile...

I think there are safe spaces designated in the card forums.  

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Turns out the cat got out of the box. It was alive.. was... Sadly we left the box over at one of our friends Rocco's appartment with two brother and according to some prostitutes who show up later, The cat’s name may have been Skippy.

The brothers and Rocco get very, very drunk during their discussion and are being very reckless with their guns.  At one point Rocco slams his fists down on the table, and on one of the guns, which discharges.  Let’s just say this doesn’t work out very well for poor “Skippy”.

1391615183_giphy(11).gif.1a7ed85a8d9e673a2e3a91201d08b953.gif

While we we are not starting a Go Fund me page like they did for poor Domo's bottle of tequila , we did feel an obligation to share this story in hope of warning others about the dangers of reckless cats laying in front of loaded weapons.  

I had to give myself a 24-hour break from this thread because of all the bullying.  lol So I went outside and kicked the cat, slapped the dog, keyed the truck, TP’d the house, set a bottle of tequila on fire, yelled at the grass (for not being green), and yelled at the sky (for being blue).  My bullying quota is good for the year.  I’ve started a Go Fund Me for my impending electric shock therapy....or maybe a purchase of bulk Superman #75 comics...

89DD2CFC-3018-42A4-B450-6A50F6C291BD.jpeg

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

I had to give myself a 24-hour break from this thread because of all the bullying.  lol So I went outside and kicked the cat, slapped the dog, keyed the truck, TP’d the house, set a bottle of tequila on fire, yelled at the grass (for not being green), and yelled at the sky (for being blue).  My bullying quota is good for the year.  I’ve started a Go Fund Me for my impending electric shock therapy....or maybe a purchase of bulk Superman #75 comics...

89DD2CFC-3018-42A4-B450-6A50F6C291BD.jpeg

Shocking..

1681135811_giphy(31).gif.7a3b4da2ca13a6ac694bdbf982bbdd5c.gif

1 minute ago, Adam Lui said:

Everyone is welcome to opinions, but the moment one insults someone to elevate oneself at their expense, bullying is occurring by the definition of the word:

v. Seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce someone perceived as vulnerable

Now why did bullying occur? Because the perpetrators sensed vulnerability due to his post count. Just because someone rarely posts doesn't mean they haven't been collecting for 30 years (which he revealed post-bullying).

Again, everyone is entitled to opinions. A non-bully simply asks for more background, while a bully will pounce on the perceived vulnerability and insult or meme them like the bullies in this thread did. You are not doing a good job defending bullying, you are simply explaining why ANYONE -- bully or not -- would (falsely) judge him to be "naive" in his assessment of grade after 30 years in the industry.

For you to ignore and excuse the insulting/meming as not bullying (let alone acceptable behavior on a public board that should embrace anyone to boost the hobby) like a few other bullies before you indicates you are likely a bully, too.

What? You typed this hours earlier:

What are you apologizing for, complimenting the victim? Can't you just admit you changed your mind? I even offered you an opportunity to actually make one and you ignored it, so clearly you are not sorry (if you were you'd just make a real not pretend one that never happened)

Did I suggest that you're too old to understand nostalgia? Or did I say you are likely NOT nostalgic for 90s comics, based on really revealing statements like "it would be silly to speculate but as a rule, most books from that era are easily available in high grade"?

You are (incorrectly and crudely) implying that just because books from the 90s are readily available in high grade, they will be worthless, completely ignoring the high demand for them irregardless of availability, so my gut instinct was absolutely correct, that your nostalgia ties more into the books from your own childhood, not the ones of people like me driving the demand currently, all thanks to bussetta's revelation that you were an older gentleman.

Read what you just typed. You just passive-aggressively insulted me, exactly like the bullies were doing to OP victim, claiming they are innocent. Why would a bully think they're not a bully...

I could have been more diplomatic and said you were incorrect rather than you don’t know what you’re talking about.  That’s it.  I never said I apologized for bullying you and you’re wrong to represent that.    It’s not bullying to tell someone they don’t know what they are talking about.  

You’ve continually misrepresented what I’ve said to insult me and attack me.  Youve called me dishonest and boasting repeatedly unfairly.  You’ve attempted to bully me and troll me and I’ve spent the last 20 pages attempting to calmly talk to you.  

please post the many comments that you’ve said were bullying  the op after you defended him.  I’ve asked you to do this many times and you contribute to ignore that and insult me