• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Adam Lui said:

9.9 is the minimum grade a comic can get for not having handling defects. If comics are truly uncirculated, it means it was only handled in a way to store so it's highly unlikely to show handling defects, so it "should" get 9.9 minimum. Why doesn't it? Because humans still handled it, but not a reading public. CGC even handles it when unpacking and grading. So if one finds it shocking that a box of truly uncirculated comics can get mostly 9.8's, that just shows they don't know the difference (as many probably don't) between the meaning of CGC's 9.8 / 9.9 / 10.0

Do you remember how comics were packaged from the distributor back then?

Just in case you were not, you had two smaller Diamond shipping short boxes contained within an outer Diamond long box.   Even protected this way the comics still shifted.  The raw books were packed side by side so even in transit an uncirculated box upon being opened exhibited some degree of a shift where the bottom books exhibited slight pulls and slight impact corner marks simply from being piled on top and side by side.  You are not pulling 9.8/9.9/10.0 from that box.  You have to realize that there will be plenty of 9.4's and 9.6's in the box as well.   I doubt you are pulling a 10 as CGC rarely awards them and anything can happen between the 'uncirculated' box in transit to Florida. 

Now it is 6:01 and I have to double time something before 8.  I might be back before this dumpster fire of a thread it put out by the CGC Firefighting Moderation team.

Furthermore, I do not see any evidence of bullying.  (Unless things have been deleted) So I do not know what is going on there. 

2 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

Also what is it I should be prepared for

The last response before I get some work done. 

9 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

If you obtained it even later than the 90s then that's even worse than speculating during a bubble by your standards...

Yet you randomly mentioned them in response to my reply to your question when I've ever "seen a box of 9.8's"....

A lot of people did (and alot of people deleted posts). Mainly everyone defending unprevoked are the offendors

You said I "keep talking" about it so I'm trying to get you to see you keep tagging me about it so it only seems that way because of your action. Others have stopped (likely upon reflection they truly were bullying, some even deleting posts) while you continue, that's why it's relevant

Adam, which standards are you attributing to me?  First collection i bought was a 37 long box collection with a few GA, a few SA, some BA, and some CA.  There were two runs of New Mutants, two runs of Preacher, 2 runs of late BA to CA Batman and Detectives and lots of other runs.  What is so awful about me buying collections containing 90s books and why are you characterizing it as worse? 

If you go back you'll see I posted I had a box of X-men 1's in a quote to your post of an image of X-men 1s.  It was purely a logical post to indicate they are very common in your response to what they were selling for.

I'm sorry, I don't  understand "everyone defending unprevoked are the offendors"

Lastly, I'm trying to have a discussion.  I'm trying not to be confrontational and friendly and reason with you.  

Okay kids, listen up... 

Obviously this thread has a predictable direction.  Remember that pernts can only be awarded once even if it is locked and reopened and then locked again.  I will keep this thread open and watch throughout the day.  If the ref sees the lock then it is awarded.  Tag me or Pm me as I have my notifications on.  If it is locked and reopened before I balance the books then it's still game on.  Sometimes the Umpire misses a call. 

May the odds be forever in your favor.  I really have work to do.

(I am rooting for a couple of you to finally make the scoreboard - ahem @thunsicker cough cough )

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay kids, listen up... 

Obviously this thread has a predictable direction.  Remember that pernts can only be awarded once even if it is locked and reopened and then locked again.  I will keep this thread open and watch throughout the day.  If the ref sees the lock then it is awarded.  Tag me or Pm me as I have my notifications on.  If it is locked and reopened before I balance the books then it's still game on.  Sometimes the Umpire misses a call. 

May the odds be forever in your favor.  I really have work to do.

(I am rooting for a couple of you to finally make the scoreboard - ahem @thunsicker cough cough )

Will screenshots suffice?  Asking for a friend.  :roflmao:

"I can but I have a really strong gut feeling you are a dishonest interlocutor based on my previously given reasons and it will lead to a long back-and-forth argument thus wasting my time on someone who's already aware and not looking to change"

Calling me dishonest Adam?  Please quote the posts.

"There are plenty of posts making fun of him that aren't deleted, post-intervention"

Please quote the posts.

"Unfortunately I don't want to have one with you for reasons supplied already (essentially you have a toxic personality and are dishonest)"

More insults.  

"The one you created by labeling the boom 'massive speculation in the '90s' leading to 'Atilla the Hun size hoards of books ' to justify why they're worthless. Your words, not mine. Your characterization, not mine. See, this is why I do not desire to interact with you... you are too deceptive and dishonest to have a productive discussion because you don't seek change just a reshaping of narrative"

There was massive speculation in the 90s.  Cards and comics.  I never said they were worthless, please don't say I did and please don't create standards that I adhere to.  I'm not reshaping narrative, I've been consistent throughout.  My characterization was to the massive speculation of the early 90s.  More insults?

"So you don't see that your response to my post revealing the millions sold is superfluous? Why would anyone need to know you have a longbox of them?"

You see hostile intent when there was none.  You posted that Xmen 1 was the most printed comic of all time and I said 'yes, I have a long box of them.  It's purely an agreement post.

"You among others keep tagging me to address the issue of bullying. You tagged me I didn't tag you. This shows you know you're wrong. Someone who is not a bully will not feel like a nerve was struck. I gave you the reasons and the specific content that you posted making fun of OP already."

Not sure what you're talking about.  I quote you in a discussion and you get a notification.  You quote me in a discussion and I get a notification.

5 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

I'm not going to quote you over and over and then you just completely ignore it, this is going in circles. You are a bully because you made fun of OP for something he didn't even ask about. Saying he "doesn't know what he's talking about." Then made fun the financial soundness of speculating. Then used a bunch of gifs to tease him. This is literally what bullies do. I'm not going to quote your posts again and again but you ask and I answer

"There are plenty of posts making fun of him that aren't deleted, post-intervention"

So you can't quote 'plenty of posts making fun of him post - intervention?

"You said ' massive speculation in the '90s' leading to 'Atilla the Hun size hoards of ' to imply OP was foolish to want to grade his new boxes when he just wanted to know the process not valuation advice is what made you a bully. You are implying they are worthless, not valuable"

I never stated or implied they were worthless.  I've been consistent stating they have value, that many people on this board know they have value.  Please don't interpret my posts to be anything other than what they state.

"I didn't say your X-Men 1 box comment was hostile intent I was just pointing out it was boastful (to show you you too enjoyed speccing 90s comics)"

I wasn't boasting and I never speculated on 90s comics.  Please don't interpret my posts to be anything other than what they state.

"If you tag me to defend bullying ask yourself why when I didn't accuse you (until you brought it up)"

I'm replying to you, just as you reply to me.  I'm not tagging you to defend bullying and I don't understand this statement.