• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BULK PURCHASE OF THE SAME COMIC
5 5

523 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

If you ask for quotes then address them otherwise there is nothing productive about our discussion and why I predicted early on it would go no where and said I have no interest in responding to you

You've made accusations about many people bullying the OP after your intervention.  Please quote them.

"So your purpose of comparing them to Atilla-sized hoards was to show they have value? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would anyone ever say "Hey there was a bunch of speculation in the 90s leading to MASSIVE stockpiling" in a thread someone made that revealed he has a potentiual such stockpile to grade to show they have VALUE lol"

It was to show there were a lot of copies printed.  Atilla-sized hoards should be an obvious reference to large numbers.  As I posted earlier value is determined by demand and supply.  Demand increases prices and a large supply will decrease prices and if there's great demand there will be value even if there's a large supply.  It's a comment that addressed supply but not demand.  I know there's demand right now and I know 90s books have value.  Where have I said differently?

"Your very first tag of me defending the bullies ended " Anyone who believes a box of unread and uncirculated comics will yield all or mostly 9.8 copies doesn't know what they're talking about. " So you are defending them implying their painting him as a fool for thinking he had mostly 9.8s and thereby participating in the bullying. Ask yourself why you chose to do this..."

Not sure what you're saying.  You were defending the bullies?  At this point in the thread I hadn't seen any bullies - you say they were deleted - and I wasn't aware of anyone or any bully to defend or any attack on the OP.  All I could see was you post saying 'everyone acts like an expert'

Just now, Adam Lui said:

You can tease me all you want but I actually type with all my fingers, and over 200 WPM even:

Wasn't even directed at you. Just a general at how this whole thread has progressed.  

Plus I like how that GIF went with the music I am now listening to. (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Adam Lui said:

But you are showing bullying behavior yet again @onlyweaknesskryptonite if you weren't aware

Just now, Adam Lui said:

You're calling him the monkey???

Neither of these. Just entertaining myself at this point. Carry on. :foryou:

10 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

I've also accused YOU of bullying and quoted you. Please address.

I did apologize for saying 'anyone who believes a box of unread and uncirculated comics will yield all or mostly 9.8 copies doesn't know what they're talking about' and asked you to substitute 'incorrect'. 

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

I’m playing Skyrim on my PS4.  Otherwise, I’d have Staind cranked up. :headbang:

Funny . I just finished listening to Staind. (this thread made me 90's nostalgic) now cage the elephant ( Borderlands) 

5 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Funny . I just finished listening to Staind. (this thread made me 90's nostalgic) now cage the elephant ( Borderlands) 

Sevendust!!! :headbang:

3 minutes ago, Adam Lui said:

No you didn't your reply was literally to me admonishing "experts" for ridiculing him wanting to grade lots of 90s books, if you're gonna lie at least keep track of context to make it believable lol

If what you claim is true then you're STILL defending "expertise" that indicated his stockpile was worthless. Why would someone make your post claiming it's valuable, then later on make fun of his "getting rich" you're not making any sense dude

"Yes, I have a long box of X-men 1.  Value comes from either rarity or demand or a combination of the two.  You can have value even if something is common if the demand is high and you may have little value if the item is very rare but nobody cares about it.

I do understand the CGC grading scale and how they grade handling and manufacturing defects.  Perhaps you'd like to partner with the OP to get all his books graded 9.8 and get rich."

It was a reply to:

"Just because something's common doesn't mean it won't ever appreciate in value. Everything becomes less common as time passes, just not at the same rate. And anyone who "believes a box of unread and uncirculated comics will yield all or mostly 9.8 copies" DOES know what they're talking about, because they actually understand the CGC grading scale (unlike you). A 9.8 allows for handling/manufacturing defects, while 9.9 allows for manufacturing but no handling, and 10.0 = neither (super rare). If (and only if) the box is truly unread/uncirculated, that means the chances it's free from handling defects skyrockets exponentially, so it absolutely will yield mostly 9.8 copies (and likely a few 9.9's) by the very definitions of 9.98-10.0 as defined by CGC itself. Simply put, 9.8's are not as pristine as you are making them out to be."

I was literally agreeing with your take on value.  I never said his stockpile is worthless and I couldn't make a decision of value unless I knew which books he had purchased.   I don't understand why this is a problem and it's entirely consistent with my posts in this thread.  I don't believe all the books are 9.8 and suggested that you work together to get them graded and make a lot of money and prove me wrong