• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever found a comic you once owned?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

I did once order a comic from across the country and it had the Beers Books stamp on it, where we used to go to laugh at their prices when I was a teen.
The guy never figured why any of the comics never sold-he was using the price guide and listing everything at mint prices like youre supposed to-

Edited by kav

Well I found a comic that belonged to someone else before...

I found a Superman comic book from the mid-60s that had Shelton Drum written in the top margin.  I emailed him at Heroes (I think I had taken a scan of his name in it) and asked if he wanted it back, he said he would like it so at the Heroes Con that year (probably sometime early 2000s) I found him and gave it back to him.  Only about 35-40 years since he wrote his name in it.

I wish I had found one of mine from the 60s, I traded enough off when I was young. 

I traded a bunch of comics to a dealer to purchase a comic years ago.  Last year a friend texted me an estate sale that said they had comics.  Going through the boxes I came across a run of those same books, Still had the dealer stickers I never took off the mylars!  It was a cool weird feeling seeing them again.  I bought them of course!  dollar a piece... way less than I sold them for. 

I found this book raw back in 2018 in Japan.  I sold it graded on ComicLink which was bought by Monkeyman here on the boards, he put it up for auction (on ComicLink) so I bought it back.  And then again I recently sold it to Dover here on the boards.

I will certainly buy it again if it becomes available !:foryou:

00793501655000112023408002.jpg

Edited by BanjerD

Sold most of my EC collection (maybe 20 books at that point) to pay rent about 15 years ago.  The issue I came to regret getting rid of the most was the beat up Weird Science #18, which was either my first or second EC ever.  Found it in a box at ECCC a few years ago, and recognized it.  Very happy to have it back in my collection, I think I actually paid less for it the second time!

Weird_Science_18.jpg

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I used to collect Amazing Spideys with Mark Jeweler inserts for which I made custom labels like so:

177mji.thumb.jpg.5e128600539a98ae268fc345c6d44f67.jpg

I sold a good chunk of them to one grateful collector. Years later, at the London Comic Fair, I found a group of them for sale in the boxes of a well known dealer. Like meeting an old friend it was. "What are these labels?" I asked him. "Oh, they show that the issue has an insert in them - no idea why the owner did that" he said, with a 'he must have been a loon' look on his face. "Oh" I said, "Right....."

Did you repurchase for oldtimesake?

45 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Did you repurchase for oldtimesake?

I wanted to Jim, yes. But it was one of those dealers who adopted the 'priced to never sell' approach to selling comics, alas.

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I wanted to Jim, yes. But it was one of those dealers who adopted the 'priced to never sell' approach to selling comics, alas.

Mad react.Oh well,shoulda swiped them.Or said-och,this is from my stolen collection!I'll give you ten percent of ask and not call the fuzz.:sumo:

PS-I have a DPV to show you tomorrah.It should be fifteenbut it says twenty aiiiii-eeeeee