• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever found a comic you once owned?
4 4

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I often put a tiny, light pencil mark in an un-obtrusive spot in most of my collection books. If my books were to be stolen, they could be easily identified. 

I sold a book years ago and unknowingly bought it back on the bay. I also bought a book back on the boards that I had sold here a year or so previously. It had, apparently passed through 3 hands before it came back. 

Not one of my books but several years ago, I bought a small group of BLBs at a flea market in the Bay Area. I got home and noticed the name “Jim Payette” written in pencil on the first page. I called the dealer Jim Payette in NH and asked him. Turned out they belonged to his dad and he had sold them years earlier. How they made their way from the East Coast to the West Coast, I don’t know. I ended up sending him a few of them back to him. He was pretty happy to have them back. Small world...

I am always on the looking for "Buzzetta" books in my uncle or grandfather's writing for this reason. 

I came close ... I found a comic my next door neighbor in Maine owned .. their name was written on the cover along with their street address. I found it in New York in a collection ... 50 years after they owned it .. 400 miles away from where they owned it

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

16 hours ago, jcjames said:

I had a Conan 1 that I got for $2 that I sold on feebay, then I saw it again up for sale on feebay by the buyer less than a week after the buyer received it. 

Did you buy it back from him?