• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 - 3.25 Mil new highest sale!
2 2

261 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

If I remember correctly, this would be the copy that was originally owned by Danny Kramer since it's the one with the rusted staples?  (thumbsu

Not sure why the serial number would indicate a grade date of December 28, 2017 since it clearly has one of the first generation labels from way back in 2000 when CGC first opened their doors?  I thought if it was a straight reholder into a new slab, it should retain the original grade date.  If it was regraded in 2017 for its subsequent resale in advance of its June 2018 auction sale for $2,052,000; should it not have a brand new serial number in that case?  ???

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

If I remember correctly, this would be the copy that was originally owned by Danny Kramer since it's the one with the rusted staples?  (thumbsu

Not sure why the serial number would indicate a grade date of December 28, 2017 since it clearly has one of the first generation labels from way back in 2000 when CGC first opened their doors?  I thought if it was a straight reholder into a new slab, it should retain the original grade date.  If it was regraded in 2017 for its subsequent resale in advance of its June 2018 auction sale for $2,052,000; should it not have a brand new serial number in that case?  ???

I know the post card was not printed in high resolution and it has a stain on it from the last decade plus, but this was another reason I posted that letter and card. Pretty sure that is the same book that sold then for $1.5 million. Old label rusty staple notation 8.520210406_231558.thumb.jpg.c74c10b609f2eb0efdcbbe345fc5144d.jpg

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Anyone hear about this new sale? Private one through Comicconnect/Vincent. It’s not even promoted on his site from what I can tell. Also doesn’t say the grade in the article and the photo doesn’t show.

Ummmm....................................It's just a matter of being patient as I am 100% sure you will be receiving a message in your email box announcing this big sale much sooner, rather than later and then you'll be sorry that you had asked.  :taptaptap:   :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  lol

Will we see this book offered again soon in a new holder (which this new owner hopes has a number that is perhaps the square of 3)?  Or is this book in the hands of someone who will love and cherish it forever?  Anyone laying odds??  hm

Edited by PopKulture

13 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Will we see this book offered again soon in a new holder (which this new owner hopes has a number that is perhaps the square of 3)?  Or is this book in the hands of someone who will love and cherish it forever?  Anyone laying odds??  hm

Could also go another route which would be something like Rally Road.. (shrug)

16 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I will lay odds.  This book has been sold by Metro/CC three times now, if it could have a higher grade, it already would.

19 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I will lay odds.  This book has been sold by Metro/CC three times now, if it could have a higher grade, it already would.

Yeah since this book has rusted staples I don’t think it’s ever bumping and is stuck at the grade for eternity.

Edited by LDarkseid1

18 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Definitely something to consider in your capacity as an oddsmaker! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Vincent was cool to let me hold the book a few years ago 

B85CA7B5-DBDE-4AB1-8C77-FE593799ACDD.jpeg

What’s it like to touch something the Heavenly Father created? I think I would have fainted if that was put in my hands.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is there a back cover pic that shows the staples?  I’m confused how a book with rusty staples get a VF+

isn't it likely that the rusty staples were cleaned at cgc/ccs in a way that would not result in a conserved label? 

Edited by alexgross.com

36 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

What’s it like to touch something the Heavenly Father created? I think I would have fainted if that was put in my hands.

After you’ve owned as many as some have, it’s honestly cool but nothing that special 

Just now, alexgross.com said:

isn't it likely that the rusty staples were cleaned at cgc/ccs in a way that would not result in a conserved label? 

Nope. The rust was still very evident book in slab in hand 

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

Rusty staples scare the out of me :fear:Even more so on a book such as this.  Has the rust stained the paper at all and is there anything that can be done to stop its spread?

I’m not usually one to advocate the disassembly of a book, but I’d want to get those rusty staples replaced with clean vintage ones.  

I assume that would get a conserved label?