• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED PM if there is any interest in the remainder.
3 3

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

tumblr_mt21j7sWpH1siqr8lo1_500.gif.4af0c05e4f9ed1711a65f35845eab102.gif

I have a complete set of leather bound encyclopedia from the 40's that are also on their way out.   Strangely enough, there is a demand.  (shrug)

Edited by Buzzetta

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have a complete set of leather bound encyclopedia from the 40's that are also on their way out.   Strangely enough, there is a demand.  (shrug)

I am sure there is demand.  Any older literature definitely has staying power. So much is edited these days. :preach:

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Funny enough,I just picked up a set of Britanicas from 1945 today from the trash and sold them for 100$ in a few hours!

Barefoot Gen is a great item,hope you read it-i hunted down all the floppies.

With that threadcarp I leave you with some fine fine Zamrock.Give a listen,it's joyus,even if some is not in English.Really intersting story,Zambias rock explosion.

5 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

PS the books were heavy and I went home to get the beasts saddlebags.100 pounds of muscle.I mean,25 volumes..you know how heavy they are lol 

This is a set of 55 volumes as they contain yearly update editions going up to to the 1970's.  :cry:

If they do not sell they are being recycled or something. 

@onlyweaknesskryptonite it has nothing to do with 'edited'.  I mean these books are erroneous by today's scientific standards and may only be valuable for historical curiosity.  Keep in mind, this is pre-cold war, pre-space program, pre-polio vaccine...