• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk #181 NM Raw Sold on Ebay recently
2 2

55 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PhishermanDave said:

I just joined this community and I am glad I did. Seeing this kind of discussion will become valuable as I navigate what, how, and where to buy!!

It's a minefield out there with many shady sellers.  When buying expensive books I only look at graded copies

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Good example - it cost you time and effort, but you got your money back.  These sellers with "too cheap" items are most likely scammers, but I think everyone will (eventually) be able to get their money back.

Ebay might refund the money, but if the seller is in the wind, how does ebay get their money back?

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Ebay might refund the money, but if the seller is in the wind, how does ebay get their money back?

They take it out of the hides of the non cheaters. Think car insurance. Probably not much of a big deal to the bottom line while the buying/selling tide is rising. 

Just now, ThothAmon said:

They take it out of the hides of the non cheaters. Think car insurance. Probably not much of a big deal to the bottom line while the buying/selling tide is rising. 

So these scammers are making money appealing to peoples greed and we end up paying for it. God Bless America.

5 minutes ago, shadroch said:
7 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

So these scammers are making money appealing to peoples greed and we end up paying for it. God Bless America.

Yep, if it's in the company policy to be exploited by the bad and paid for by the good... it will be exploited by the bad and paid for by the good. 

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

But... but...

What if he just doesn't have time to get them graded?  What if he's going to make a profit regardless, so he's leaving some meat on the bone for the next buyer?  What if he's just a good person?  What if he needs to get emergency hip surgery for his grandmother's dachshund?  What about that time that guy bought a different raw NM book and it came back CGC 9.8?  I know (someone who knows) that guy, so I know it's true.  What if?  Can I afford to miss this opportunity?

These are the ridiculous things that people who bid try to explain to me every time I ask the same questions.

I just wish they would buy losing lottery tickets for a nice percentage of the prize value because "What if I don't have time to go to the lottery office and claim my prize?  What if I read the numbers wrong?  What if I'm just a good person?"

Yeah, that happens... losing lottery tickets end up being winners because there's the guy that found one in a trash can and got $10,000 because the guy who threw it away was dyslexic and thought it was a losing ticket, and I know (a guy who says he knows a guy who knew) that guy, so I know it's true.

1646919810_tenor-1(13).gif.04e0801916e30e41b064ae11a97ce160.gif

2 hours ago, BrntWS6 said:

That seller has over 8,000 reviews with 100% feedback.  

19 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

This is not the same achievement it used to be. Unfortunately Ebay not only now allows sellers to just pick up the phone and have ebay negative and neutral feedback removed/scrubbed, but they also try to encourage canceling refunded transactions, which is almost an auto feedback stop/removal. 

I worked hard for my 100% positive (no skewed/removed/altered ) this new age of feedback policies just spits in our faces and distorts perception.  

23 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This is not the same achievement it used to be. Unfortunately Ebay not only now allows sellers to just pick up the phone and have ebay negative and neutral feedback removed/scrubbed, but they also try to encourage canceling refunded transactions, which is almost an auto feedback stop/removal. 

I worked hard for my 100% positive (no skewed/removed/altered ) this new age of feedback policies just spits in our faces and distorts perception.  

Yes.  I quit selling on Ebay years ago when they changed the rule you couldn't leave negative feedback for the buyer.  I "may" one day sell on ebay but it will be cheap stuff so the impact won't affect me that much if the buyer turns out to be a jerk. 

1 minute ago, musicmeta said:

Yes.  I quit selling on Ebay years ago when they changed the rule you couldn't leave negative feedback for the buyer.  I "may" one day sell on ebay but it will be cheap stuff so the impact won't affect me that much if the buyer turns out to be a jerk. 

Both that and the managed payments were the reasons I dumped my store. I do still sell a couple of items there,  as there have been some crazy numbers on stupid things lately.  Outside of that I would rather sell here or privately.  

4 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Interesting, maybe they are doing it to make buyers more comfortable.  Increase sales for their bigger stores.

7 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

And it says No Restoration Guaranteed.

It says no restoration guaranteed because it was already checked by CGC, graded, and cracked open, so easy to guarantee it.  This seller likes to buy reasonably high grade (8.0-9.0) CGC key slabs, crack them out, press, alter, Photoshop, whatever will help, and sell as NM+ raws.  Add a bit of shilling, and you've got a winning business plan.  With losing buyers.

Rinse and repeat.

8 hours ago, valiantman said:

But... but...

What if he just doesn't have time to get them graded?  What if he's going to make a profit regardless, so he's leaving some meat on the bone for the next buyer?  What if he's just a good person?  What if he needs to get emergency hip surgery for his grandmother's dachshund?  What about that time that guy bought a different raw NM book and it came back CGC 9.8?  I know (someone who knows) that guy, so I know it's true.  What if?  Can I afford to miss this opportunity?

These are the ridiculous things that people who bid try to explain to me every time I ask the same questions.

I just wish they would buy losing lottery tickets for a nice percentage of the prize value because "What if I don't have time to go to the lottery office and claim my prize?  What if I read the numbers wrong?  What if I'm just a good person?"

Yeah, that happens... losing lottery tickets end up being winners because there's the guy that found one in a trash can and got $10,000 because the guy who threw it away was dyslexic and thought it was a losing ticket, and I know (a guy who says he knows a guy who knew) that guy, so I know it's true.

lol everyone thinks they've hit the jackpot and the seller is taking advantage of their greed.