• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are sub grades the only 4 factors that go into the final grade of the card?

3 posts in this topic

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3808071006/

Can someone explain to me if this is correct? I thought you take the sum of the 4 sub grades and divide by 4 to get your final grade. If that is the case then shouldn't this card be graded as a 7.5? (30.5)/4 = 7.625 

I am not sure if that's all that goes into the grading but I assumed that is how they came up with the final number. Any insight is appreciated. I have multiple cards in my submission that seem to be graded lower than they should. 

There's multiple factors at play. First is no, it's not an average of the 4. They are weighed differently, don't remember off hand which are higher and lower.

Another is if 2 sub grades are the same, the lowest one will be the final grade. So say you have a 9 - 9 - 2 - 2, the final grade WILL be 2, regardless of the 9s.

Last I can remember is the highest final grade can only be 1 point higher than it's lowest grade. So if you have a 1 - 9 - 9 - 9, this card will have a final grade of 2.

Hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, Toybot said:

There's multiple factors at play. First is no, it's not an average of the 4. They are weighed differently, don't remember off hand which are higher and lower.

Another is if 2 sub grades are the same, the lowest one will be the final grade. So say you have a 9 - 9 - 2 - 2, the final grade WILL be 2, regardless of the 9s.

Last I can remember is the highest final grade can only be 1 point higher than it's lowest grade. So if you have a 1 - 9 - 9 - 9, this card will have a final grade of 2.

Hope this helps.

Ahhh okay that makes more sense. Thank you for the clear explanation. I was like oh hell no they better not give me .5 less by mistake lol