• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgcinhousesignng a lot in house signings? Pg numbers of signers and deadlines in 1st post.
7 7

576 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC Welcomes Back Marvel Comic Book Illustrator Clayton Crain for an In-House Private Signing Event

Posted on 3/10/2021

Get your Crain books ready for a signature, his iconic Infinity Signature or a Remarque!

CRAIN__SIGNING_EMAIL_1%20(3)20210308165108651.jpg

CGC is thrilled to announce that comic book artist Clayton Crain will once again be joining us for another In-House Private Signing at our headquarters! Crain is best known for his incredible digital painted work on Marvel Comics books such as Spider-Man, Carnage, Ghost Rider, and Venom. He has also worked on the Valiant Comics series, Rai, as well as with comic legend Todd McFarlane on several DC Comics stories. In addition to signing, Crain will also be offering his iconic Infinity Signature and a limited number of Remarques for purchase. Get the full details on all the submission options below.

CrainRemarque%20(1)20210308165226800.png

Crain’s captivating acrylic and digital covers have fans excited for every new piece he creates. His notable works stretch far and wide, from his earlier art in Image Comics’ Curse of the Spawn to the not-yet-published Marvel series, Ant-Man. Crain is also admired for his Infinity Signature, which has quickly become a fan favorite. Some call it the “Crain-bow” due to the multiple colors Crain uses to create this one-of-a-kind signature.

“CGC has the pleasure of hosting so many creative minds!" exclaimed Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We are so excited to continue connecting artists and writers with comic fans, and we're so happy to have Crain join us again! Plus, this time he is offering Remarques and his super-popular Infinity Signature. It’s going to be another incredible signing with Mr. Crain!"

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, May 21, 2021.

If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Crain signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Clayton Crain is $90 per item and includes:

• Clayton Crain’s signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Clayton Crain's Infinity Signature is $110 per item and includes:

• Clayton Crain's Infinity signature (multi-colored signature)
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with CGC's iconic yellow Signature Series label

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Clayton Crain Remarque is $310 per item and includes:

• Clayton Crain Remarque. The submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion, CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Clayton Crain’s signature
  • ONLY 10 Remarques available on a first-come, first-served basis. When the option is no longer visible on the online form, all spots have been taken.

Submission Instructions

For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the drop-down menu in that section: CLAYTON CRAIN, IN-HOUSE SIGNING; CRAIN, INFINITY; or CRAIN, REMARQUE .
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to CLAYTON CRAIN under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • IMPORTANT : Please write CC on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

To qualify for this private signing event, all submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 21, 2021. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 21, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Articles List

Any preference on his signature of Clayton Crain?  Does he have a preference on where he signs and the amount of room he likes. 😊

9 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

Any preference on his signature of Clayton Crain?  Does he have a preference on where he signs and the amount of room he likes. 😊

Lol I don't know that anyone has specified room for sig, yet if there wasnt room, I'm sure it would be rectified by being taken out of the window bags lol

But I feel you, same with Claremont, long name equals long sig

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I don't know that anyone has specified room for sig, yet if there wasnt room, I'm sure it would be rectified by being taken out of the window bags lol

But I feel you, same with Claremont, long name equals long sig

I’ll probably just give him the whole cover.  Hoping the infinity signature is cool. 🤞

3 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

I’ll probably just give him the whole cover.  Hoping the infinity signature is cool. 🤞

I like the infinity sig for sure, I don't own one, but know those that do. I do know that when he takes the time to do that sig, he makes it nice looking.

According to twitter the Miller/Janson signing occurred this weekend. So, based on the CGC time-frame of 3 weeks for grading and 6 weeks for pressing and grading the expected turnaround dates are May 3rd and May 24th. Let's see how close they are (mine are in for pressing and grading).

For the Miller signing, good to know.  Mine still shows Received though I do have pressing so will be a little longer for me.

On different topic, for the James Tynion signing, received submission acknowledgement but when I checked my submission status, it shows as Scheduled for Grading.  It should be Received.  Have a call into CGC about this and to correct. Ha this happened to anyone in the past?

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. Here is a list of signing updates! • Chris Evans Signing - All books have been signed. • Chris Claremont Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Joe Rubinstein - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Frank Miller and Klaus Janson - All books have been signed and Remarques/Sketches completed. • Ben Bishop - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Kevin Eastman Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting David Finch and Brad Anderson books signed by mid-May. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have already been sent through for grading. • We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on! #cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

On 2/17/2021 at 7:11 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My in house signing book ( just one) for Humberto Ramos, I shipped priority USPS Signature Required "HM" written ALL OVER THAT BOX . I dropped off at my local Post Office on 2/10/21. It showed up in the system today. 

20210217_190745.jpg.c1da13347390a7bc963aa360ff2fb620.jpg

This just updated to the new recieved date so it is back from pressing. 

20210419_185501.jpg.2623379daa0d587bc1bdf488684fa843.jpg

CGC joins forces with SWAU for an exclusive Idris Elba’s First-Ever Private Signing

Posted on 4/23/2021

CGC joins forces with SWAU for an exclusive private signing!

CGC, in partnership with SWAU, is excited to announce a Private Signing event with Idris Elba. This will be Idris’ first-ever autograph signing.

Idris Elba is known to fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for his role as Heimdall in the Thor franchise, as well as his award-winning role as DCI John Luther in the BBC’s crime drama show Luther. He is also renowned for his other cinematic work, including Beasts of No Nation, Pacific Rim, Star Trek Beyond and the biographical documentary Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. He starred in HBO’s hit drama television series The Wire as Stringer Bell and voiced characters in the animated films Finding Dory, Zootopia and the live-action adaptation of The Jungle Book.

Elba has won and been nominated for numerous awards throughout his career, including four Golden Globe Awards for Best Actor, winning one for Luther; five nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award for Luther and The Big C; and both Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations for his role as Commandant in Beasts of No Nation.

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 16, 2021.

If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Idris signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The Private Signing fee for Idris Elba is $300 per item and includes:

Idris Elba’s Signature

Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

Expedited turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label

Submission Instructions

For this Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.

Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.

Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.

Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:

IDRIS ELBA, SIGNATURE Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.

Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to IDRIS ELBA under Private Signing Details.

On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.

Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.

Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .

Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .

Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.

Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .

IMPORTANT: Please write IE on all sides of the box.

Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 16, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Want to submit non-comic book items for signatures? Please contact SWAU directly for more information.

13 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I didn't know Jim Shooter was also an artist.

Anyone know when the Miller Janson Signing is taking place?

To my knowledge it's already happened I think, that is why he is not in this updated thread :foryou: so it should be soon!

I had to update to a new thread, because I could no longer edit the 1st post of the old thread to update the signings list :) so I quoted you in this new thread....

This was posted by CGC last week on Facebook and it indicates the Miller and Jaus are already completed :tink: 

Hey there, comic fans! We know many of you have been requesting more information on a number of private signings, so we thought it was a good idea to get some more detailed information out to you. Here is a list of signing updates! • Chris Evans Signing - All books have been signed. • Chris Claremont Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Joe Rubinstein - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Frank Miller and Klaus Janson - All books have been signed and Remarques/Sketches completed. • Ben Bishop - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Kevin Eastman Signing - All previously unsigned books have been signed. • Geoff Johns, David Finch, Brad Anderson, Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, and Jason Fabok Signing - Due to international travel setbacks this signing was pushed out later than expected. However, we are happy to report that we have received all of Jason Fabok's signed books back from Canada and we will be getting David Finch and Brad Anderson books signed by mid-May. If you selected a Fabok ONLY signature, those books have already been sent through for grading. • We apologize for the delays, but please know we are working around the clock to make sure every customer gets what they have requested. Lastly, we are so grateful for your continued support and appreciate your patience as we navigate through the tremendous growth we have seen in the comic collecting community. Even without Comic Cons (which we dearly miss!), you have all made this an exciting time for all of us at CGC Comics! Comic on! #cgccomics #cgc #comiconfriends #privatesignings #recap #signatureseries #comicbooks #igcomicfamily #igcomicbookfamily #comics #artists #writers #comicsrock #welovecomics #gradedcomics #slabbedcomics #igcomics

Posted on Facebook by cgc

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

To my knowledge it's already happened I think, that is why he is not in this updated thread :foryou: so it should be soon!

I had to update to a new thread, because I could no longer edit the 1st post of the old thread to update the signings list :) so I quoted you in this new thread....

This was posted by CGC last week on Facebook and it indicates the Miller and Jaus are already completed :tink: 

Thanks man. Where is the main discussion for that Miller/Janson signing? Like talking of the result and such. I found it too bad that there werent more options available. Like getting both signatues and one remarque from one of the two. I am surprised that wasn't offered as an option, would have liked a janson remarque with both he and frank signing (since I'm a bigger janson fan than a Frank fan and Janson was way cheaper).

9 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks man. Where is the main discussion for that Miller/Janson signing? Like talking of the result and such. I found it too bad that there werent more options available. Like getting both signatues and one remarque from one of the two. I am surprised that wasn't offered as an option, would have liked a janson remarque with both he and frank signing (since I'm a bigger janson fan than a Frank fan and Janson was way cheaper).

There is some discussion here, although it may not have too much discussion though.

CGC Joins Forces with SWAU for an Exclusive Tom Hiddleston Private Signing!

Posted on 4/27/2021

CGC, in partnership with SWAU, is excited to announce an exclusive Private Signing event with Tom Hiddleston.

Hiddleston%20Announcement20210426135740587.jpg

Tom Hiddleston is a Golden Globe and Olivier Award-winning actor, known to fans worldwide for his iconic portrayal of Loki in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tom has also starred in Kong: Skull Island, Crimson Peak, War Horse, and the limited television series ‘The Night Manager and The Hollow Crown’. Tom’s critically acclaimed theatre performances include Betrayal, Hamlet, and Coriolanus. Tom will next be seen in reprising the role of Loki in Disney+’s LOKI.

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members - that includes free CGC members - can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 16, 2021.

If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Tom signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The Private Signing fee for Tom Hiddleston is $345 per item and includes:

• Tom Hiddleston’s Signature
  • Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Expedited turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Submission Instructions

For this Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    TOM HIDDLESTON, SIGNATURE Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TOM HIDDLESTON under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE .
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE .
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE .
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TH on all sides of the box.
  • Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 16, 2021.

Wanting to submit non-comic book items for signatures? Please contact SWAU directly for more information.

Articles List

CGC Welcomes Back Award-Winning Comic Book Writer and Editor Roy Thomas for an In-House Private Signing

Posted on 4/30/2021

Legendary comic book writer and character co-creator Roy Thomas returns to CGC!

THOMAS__SIGNING_EMAIL320210407090404021.jpg

CGC is honored to share that legendary comic book writer and editor Roy Thomas will be back at our headquarters for another In-House Private Signing! Thomas is an American writer and editor known for bringing Conan the Barbarian to American comics, and for his lengthy stints on Marvel’s X-Men and The Avengers and DC Comics’ All-Star Squadron.

RoyThomas20210407090849197.jpg

Thomas has created and contributed an extraordinary amount of work to the comic industry, and we are so thrilled to be able to host such an amazing figure for a second time. In addition to signatures, Thomas will also be offering his amazing Remarques for purchase. See examples and pricing details below.

Thomas was Stan Lee’s protégé and first successor as editor-in-chief at Marvel Comics. In addition to his comic book writing and editing, he is known for co-creating some of the comic industry's greatest characters, such as Wolverine, Carol Danvers, Morbius, Vision, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Black Knight and so many more. He also introduced the Pulp Magazine heroes Conan and Red Sonja, along with the sci-fi fantasy Star Wars to Marvel Comics. Thomas was inducted into the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame in 2011.

“Our Signature Series team is thrilled to offer another opportunity with the incredible Roy Thomas!" shared Brittany McManus, CGC’s Signature Series Director. “We love hosting Roy! The range of books that came in for his last signing was so awesome. We are really looking forward to seeing what everyone sends in this time."

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 13, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Thomas signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Roy Thomas is $90 per item and includes:

• Roy Thomas signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Roy Thomas Remarque is $140 per item and includes:

• Roy Thomas Remarque. Submitter may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist's discretion; CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.
  • Roy Thomas' signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the drop-down menu in that section:
    ROY THOMAS, IN-HOUSE SIGNING or ROY THOMAS, REMARQUE.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to ROY THOMAS under Private Signing Details.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write RT on all sides of the box.

PLEASE NOTE:

To qualify for this private signing, all submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 13, 2021. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 13, 2021.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!

Subscribe Now

Articles List