• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC labels
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I had to return 4 comics to CGC recently for relabeling because they all had the Mark Jewelers inserts, but the label on the graded slabs did not identify them as having the inserts..I intend to submit more books soon for grading, some of which will contain the Mark Jewelers inserts..do I have to annotate on the submission form which books contain these inserts, or will the graders insure that the proper notation is made on the labels??

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  It should be noted automatically by the graders but if it was missed in the past, you might want to put a sticky note on the bag containing your book noting that it has a Mark Jewelers insert just to alert the grader to be on the lookout for it when they start to examine your book.

Thanks!

On 4/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  It should be noted automatically by the graders but if it was missed in the past, you might want to put a sticky note on the bag containing your book noting that it has a Mark Jewelers insert just to alert the grader to be on the lookout for it when they start to examine your book.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Jennifer I will do that on future subs....although I can't figure out how the grader could miss the inserts if a page by page count and examination is performed as part of the  grading process..

2 hours ago, john h ferguson said:

I can't figure out how the grader could miss the inserts if a page by page count and examination is performed as part of the  grading process..

Seriously. THIS.  

How on Earth do you miss the MJ insert?!  Repeatedly??