• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rookie question/complaint
2 2

63 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Joe Lindsey said:

I welcome the advice. I’ve collected books for awhile but the grading is new to me. And pressing is a mystery. I got a Wolverine 3 82 I believe is a 9.0 ish however it has a newsstand stamp on it. This one I have a reservation on from the tattoo and how much they ding for that. Also as far as I know maybe it can be extracted somehow from this mysterious “pressing” or “dry cleaning they do. I’ll make sure to send in my pre-submissions in the mentioned thread you talked about. Will see how good my eye actually is. 

I sent you a PM.  It’s the envelope icon, upper right. 👍

On 4/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

I prefer the police interrogation scene. Stiller's character believes they arrested him for picking up a hitch-hiker, they found a dead body in his passenger seat left there by the hitch-hiker he picked up and arrested Stiller for murder.

Police - "How many times would you say you have done this?"

Stiller - "Hitch-hikers? 50 ... 100, kinda lost count. Am I in serious trouble here?"

its like the old sea shanty we used to sing as kids

On 4/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, Mr mojo risin said:

I recently made my first submission to CDC which included 6 modern books.  I’m dumbfounded by the grades received.

I’ve purchased many graded books from eBay and thought I was familiar with what would grade high.  I had one book, 20 years old that I bought from a basement sale grade 9.2.  A second book that I bought myself, bagged and boarded from a shop, that has never been touched grade as 8.5.  Encapsulated the 9.2 looks worse than the 8.5.  The graders notes on the 8.5 day nothing about interior defects so I don’t get it.

Well the CDC knows more about the coronavirus than grading comics so maybe that's why you got such weird results back :D

Ok joke out of the way, what do the notes on the 8.5 say? You only wrote what they don't say.