• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a real Batman #1?
1 1

96 posts in this topic

I am having trouble believing this is a real copy of Batman #1. But this is what a seller sent to me, and I can't find anything wrong with it. I have not seen it in person yet, just these pictures so far. I am really swaying towards trying to buy this, but I also want to be sure it's not a fake, and I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

bat1.jpg.7c86c96a58ce1a3f83002dae318a0b88.jpgbat2.jpg.f9d3e22713420d303664c8a2cb72dc60.jpgbat3.jpg.974c28e1ee257a7b035887820d6b744a.jpgbat4.jpg.b86a12f927186eaa369c99054ea24817.jpgbat5.jpg.54251216b66208bf10022a7a4bd61f79.jpgbat6.thumb.jpg.478a5020a824dc676607010360c70eb5.jpgbat7.jpg.0bef5088fb0e837e7adee0a30a489807.jpgbat8.jpg.4283d8495293fb94d65c7b60185211dc.jpg

2 minutes ago, xvipah said:

Yea, the rusted staples are a concern, but....  Batman #1!

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Hey, i would take it with  the rusted staples. 

So would I.  Problem is, I can barely afford my truck...couldn't afford that book. lol

Haven't asked yet, still preliminary stuff. I'm concerned for fakes/scams. But, it's not the treasury/reprint edition. I can't imagine faking foxing/tanning/rusty staples if you were gonna fake it, though it's not out of the question if you really know what you're doing.

There's also no way I buy it without seeing it and at least checking it out myself, though I'm no expert, that'd also make me feel a lot better.

9 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Does he offer returns?  I mean if he doesn't then I would worry for that amount of cash.  If he does, then I would just get it and then  get it slabbed.  

Just now, xvipah said:

Haven't asked yet, still preliminary stuff. I'm concerned for fakes/scams. But, it's not the treasury/reprint edition. I can't imagine faking foxing/tanning/rusty staples if you were gonna fake it, though it's not out of the question if you really know what you're doing.

There's also no way I buy it without seeing it and at least checking it out myself, though I'm no expert, that'd also make me feel a lot better.

Oh definitely.   I don't know how much you are spending but I am going to assume it's a lot.  You absolutely need to see it in  person.  Bring a friend too.  

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Oh definitely.   I don't know how much you are spending but I am going to assume it's a lot.  You absolutely need to see it in  person.  Bring a friend too.  

I’ll go!!!!!!lol

Just now, xvipah said:

Could also be restored and he'd take me for it I suppose, cause I have no idea how to find resto. But I'm ok with a purple label Batman #1 also if I have to. Or, if I get that, sending it back to get resto removed and accepting the lower grade.

Yeah do your best to look for restoration, get a loupe.  But You are right, a purple Batman 1 is still a BATMAN 1.  WHO CARES