• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a real Batman #1?
1 1

96 posts in this topic

You're not wrong. I am making the assumption this is a much older man, being that I live in Florida, who may have had that sitting in a bag/box somewhere forever. 

1 minute ago, fast eddie said:

That spine sure looks nice for a book of that age,,,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,, be careful!

Yea man, believe me I know. That's why I'm flip flopping on this. Finding a raw Batman #1 in that condition seems next to impossible. But, aside from things like you're saying here "That paper and spine just don't look like they should be that nice" I can't find much wrong. Seeing it in person will help for sure.

2 minutes ago, fast eddie said:

Look very closely at the paper,,,,,,, does it look 75+ years old? The spine,,,,,,, looks so nice! I hope it  is genuine,,,,,,,but I advise caution,,,,, so rare to see these books in that condition,,,,,,,, good luck!

Just now, xvipah said:

Yea man, believe me I know. That's why I'm flip flopping on this. Finding a raw Batman #1 in that condition seems next to impossible. But, aside from things like you're saying here "That paper and spine just don't look like they should be that nice" I can't find much wrong. Seeing it in person will help for sure.

Let us know what you see when you get the opportunity,,,,,, I'll cross my fingers for you!

I agree, that's why I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my effort. It definitely screams too good to be true. But, what if it isn't?  :P

Though I didn't see the "in a slab" details in that first pic. Not sure I see it even now.

Edited by xvipah

2 minutes ago, xvipah said:

I agree, that's why I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my effort. It definitely screams too good to be true. But, what if it isn't?  :P

Though I didn't see the "in a slab" details in that first pic. Not sure I see it even now.

Edge of the inner well at the top right

Son, you gonna get robbedlol

lol, I toldja I live in Florida. There's no way this kid goes anywhere without his conceal carry permit and carry gun. :)  And, in the case of something like this, other people.

If you just mean robbed as far as the book being a fake. Maybe. I still kinda want to see it, hear what the guy has to say, etc...

I do see what you're talking about as far as that top area looking like the edge of an inner well now.

So, take a pic of a slabbed Batman #1 to make it look real, then just inside pics of a repro..  Man, that's pretty slick work if that's what he's doing.