• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a real Batman #1?
1 1

96 posts in this topic

Just now, vheflin said:

what do you mean? 

he's going to check this out with a crew plus firepower.. the fun has just begun!

I’m in!!!  Now, where did I put that taser....

The first two pictures appear to be different books. For example, there is a small stain on the opening edge towards the bottom on the inside photo that doesn't seem to be on the outside in the first pic. Same for the foxing (?) on the bottom edge - I'd expect to se at least a shadow on the outside. 2c

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

thing is the pages do look like thick, fluffy Golden Age paper ...

but the cover looks like a repro

My initial thought was that the cover was too nice....couldn’t zoom in to really look at it though.

6 minutes ago, vheflin said:

this will unfold like the classic drug deal scene from Boogie Nights

Lol,  Galen if you guys walk into the house and the seller is wearing a speedo and bathrobe.  Get Xvipah out Asap.

Now, if he has a lot of cash on him,    ask him if he needs a  Cerebus 1 or fantasy quarterly 1.  I'll sell him a NM copy but only though paypal.  

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

Here's where the first pic came from.

Easy to ID by the erased 'S' on the right side of Batman's cape.

batman.thumb.jpg.2f6f14cdfea0a0db65bead6b7911d3a2.jpg

And by the small white spot on the top edge above the A in BAT - which also has no corresponding mark on the inside picture in the OP.

Perfect, you guys are awesome, thanks for checking that out. :) I can now email back with snark.

7 minutes ago, vheflin said:

Here's where the first pic came from.

Easy to ID by the erased 'S' on the right side of Batman's cape.

batman.thumb.jpg.2f6f14cdfea0a0db65bead6b7911d3a2.jpg

1 minute ago, xvipah said:

Perfect, you guys are awesome, thanks for checking that out. :) I can now email back with snark.

Just don’t be too snarky with your snark.  Nobody likes a snark:censored:.:roflmao: