I submitted comics.
2 2

21 posts in this topic

I submitted a stack of vintage and modern comics books in mid November through a comic book store. How longer will it take to get them back?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They keep telling me cgc is taking there time. I don't mind waiting but I just got some cbcs signatures back. I had to have them verified so I couldn't believe I got signed books back faster than cgc 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the world of comic grading.  Things have changed...cats and dogs living together, global pandemic, comic grading backlogs, MASS HYSTERIA!!! :ohnoez:

Oh, welcome to the boards. (thumbsu

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm a first responder,  the mass hysteria comes in many forms. I'm just happy to be home away from it all for a little while if you get my drift.  We're sitting on mass collections of valuables and others mass collections or toilet paper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Drakigo said:

Yeah I'm a first responder,  the mass hysteria comes in many forms. I'm just happy to be home away from it all for a little while if you get my drift.  We're sitting on mass collections of valuables and others mass collections or toilet paper. 

In case you didn’t get the reference...it’s from Ghostbusters. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Drakigo said:

They keep telling me cgc is taking there time. I don't mind waiting but I just got some cbcs signatures back. I had to have them verified so I couldn't believe I got signed books back faster than cgc 

CGC's been slammed ever since they started grading cards as well.  It's been no secret that there's been an influx of collectibles coming in.  As of now, they're still processing unopened packages that were delivered to them in March.  There's about a 100+ (business) day turnaround time.  As someone said, ask your store.  If they submitted books for you, they'll have an account and can see what step of the process CGC is on.  Plus, they can see the received date and you can calculate the estimated return time from there.  Unfortunately, it's a big waiting game at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Drakigo said:

They keep telling me cgc is taking there time. I don't mind waiting but I just got some cbcs signatures back. I had to have them verified so I couldn't believe I got signed books back faster than cgc 

I have several separate submissions at CGC right now. As of yesterday, one received on January 19 and one received on February 15 were scheduled for grading, to give you a little idea of how chaotic the process can be right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you pay the $10 for speeding things up is that actually helping?

paying the whole expedited tier does seem to speed stuff up a lot, from what i have heard

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just assume 4-5 months before I see my books again. Maybe six. I hope not seven. Eight would make me sad. Nine is too long. Ten would incur slight rage. Eleven would have me consider never doing again. Twelve would cause Dylan level rage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I just assume 4-5 months before I see my books again. Maybe six. I hope not seven. Eight would make me sad. Nine is too long. Ten would incur slight rage. Eleven would have me consider never doing again. Twelve would cause Dylan level rage.

This post actually saddens me and not by any action of yourself.  It saddens me because he never truly understood the consequences of his actions.  Here we are after he has been banned and when his name is forever mentioned, the association of carrying on, rage, threats and all else will be associated with him for a good long time.  He had the opportunity to have a successful business venture and your post demonstrates through his actions that he essentially shot himself in the foot. 

If I pass his booth at a comic show, this type of stuff will always be the first stuff I think about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Drakigo said:

I submitted a stack of vintage and modern comics books in mid November through a comic book store. How longer will it take to get them back?

You did nothing wrong here as many people do this.  What was your reasoning behind submitting them through the comic store?  CGC offers paid accounts and free accounts.  Even the paid account gives you an automatic credit of the cost of membership applicable to the grading fees for books along with other perks.

 

In either case, submitting the books under your account gives you more of an ability to oversee where everything is in the grading process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You did nothing wrong here as many people do this.  What was your reasoning behind submitting them through the comic store?  CGC offers paid accounts and free accounts.  Even the paid account gives you an automatic credit of the cost of membership applicable to the grading fees for books along with other perks.

 

In either case, submitting the books under your account gives you more of an ability to oversee where everything is in the grading process.

I only recently, after 35+ years of collecting, started getting some books graded.  When I made the decision to do so, it was a no-brainer to get my own account rather than submit through a third party for exactly the reasons you listed above, but mostly because I didn't want to have to worry about delays on the part of the third party rather than going direct.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the blob said:

if you pay the $10 for speeding things up is that actually helping?

paying the whole expedited tier does seem to speed stuff up a lot, from what i have heard

Paying for fast track definitely speeds things up. I can verify from multiple recent submissions that it cuts the TAT roughly in half. (It does not, however, speed up the "delivered" to "received" process...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted a group of books that had some older books ( GA and SA) and the rest were 1975 and newer. After 6 months I received the 1975 and newer books. It has been another month on the older books and still I do not have them. Asking other submitters they have told me to expect the older books to be 3 months longer. It is a very significant difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I submitted a group of books that had some older books ( GA and SA) and the rest were 1975 and newer. After 6 months I received the 1975 and newer books. It has been another month on the older books and still I do not have them. Asking other submitters they have told me to expect the older books to be 3 months longer. It is a very significant difference.

I’ve started the ‘tracking’ clock on my latest Modern submission of 25 books.  They arrived at my presser’s address on April 1st...timer begins.  They were picked up on April 6th and are being looked at for press/no press as of today.  I don’t do fast track...it’s expensive enough as it is.  So we’ll see how things go. (shrug)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the 51 business days start from the moment the books are “received” and inputed or is it from when they track “shipping received”? I have 17 books on the modern grading tier I sent in when the process time was about a month then it jumped to 51 days while in limbo. Wish I had of fast tracked it seems as long as walk throughs and more expensive tiers come in the more the modern is ignored. I could be wrong...

Edited by Joe Lindsey
Misspelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joe Lindsey said:

Does the 51 business days start from the moment the books are “received” and imputed or is it from when they track “shipping received”? I have 17 books on the modern grading tier I sent in when the process time was about a month then it jumped to 51 days while in limbo. Wish I had of fast tracked it seems as long as walk throughs and more expensive tiers come in the more the modern is ignored. I could be wrong...

Clock starts when it's marked as "Received" in your My Submissions page.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2