• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the SCAM? AF15 $180?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I have seen this the past few days on Mercari. They list high dollar items for cheap...w/ obviously stolen pics.https://www.mercari.com/u/317557024/  With Mercari, seller only receives money (in Mercari credit until they cash out) when buyer receives (verified delivered) and leaves a rating. Is this a tag team?

Edited by CJ Design

6 hours ago, CJ Design said:

I have seen this the past few days on Mercari. They list high dollar items for cheap...w/ obviously stolen pics.https://www.mercari.com/u/317557024/  With Mercari, seller only receives money (in Mercari credit until they cash out) when buyer receives (verified delivered) and leaves a rating. Is this a tag team?

Verified delivery is possible with an empty box (crumpled paper, cardboard, whatever filling makes it the right weight).  Does the "leaves a rating" payment require a positive?

I learned long ago to not bother trying to figure out what scam a fraudster is trying to pull. I think the obvious fraud situations like this that have no clear end goal are just a case of amateur fraudsters with terrible plans. That's all. 

And as far as mercari, I see those all the time. People selling the same ASM 129 pic over and over for around $180.  

2 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I learned long ago to not bother trying to figure out what scam a fraudster is trying to pull. I think the obvious fraud situations like this that have no clear end goal are just a case of amateur fraudsters with terrible plans. That's all. 

And as far as mercari, I see those all the time. People selling the same ASM 129 pic over and over for around $180.  

That's when I started to notice it.

2 hours ago, CJ Design said:

That's when I started to notice it.

i just recently discovered mercari and at first I thought I might score some deals there, but then I quickly realized the completed sales I was seeing that were steals were actually fraud. After separating the fraudsters from the legit sellers, it looks like mercari is just a place for eBay sellers to try to ask even more outrageous prices with the hopes of tricking newb buyers. 

I'm sure some deals can be had because nothing is 100% one way or another , but overall it just looks like another flippers platform. 

21 hours ago, serling1978 said:

i just recently discovered mercari and at first I thought I might score some deals there, but then I quickly realized the completed sales I was seeing that were steals were actually fraud. After separating the fraudsters from the legit sellers, it looks like mercari is just a place for eBay sellers to try to ask even more outrageous prices with the hopes of tricking newb buyers. 

I'm sure some deals can be had because nothing is 100% one way or another , but overall it just looks like another flippers platform. 

I have actually gotten some real nice books on Mercari...more obscure silver and bronze in high grades...gotta be lucky and quick. Lately it has succumbed to the craze though.