• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Flash 123 share a common back cover with another DC comic?

8 posts in this topic

I have a Flash 123 that's missing a back cover and I thought I'd search for another DC comic from the same month that has a common back cover.

I found a couple that have the same outside image, but the inside image is slightly different.

Anyone happen to know if F123 has a back cover match?

I did not get to check last night...but I haven't forgot about you :) this should be a fun quest! Checking anything I have from DC from 1961. You say you've seen others but the shading is off on the ring? We can compare--I can share a picture of my 123's back cover here in a bit. (mine is not slabbed). 

image.png.51ccf713291fa594acd6a3b98580d1ea.png

That's my original 123 inside back cover (above). I could not find a Flash from the few I checked before and after 123 that had the same combo. There was an amazing reprint done about 3 years ago from DC that had all the original ads and it looks like this:

image.png.113e2b1166ca381b448bc236808cc5b9.png

Same shading. What have you found? What is the difference? You would think the ads would all run with the same art but maybe they changed things up once in a while?

On 4/9/2021 at 11:28 PM, flashlites said:

image.png.51ccf713291fa594acd6a3b98580d1ea.png

That's my original 123 inside back cover (above). I could not find a Flash from the few I checked before and after 123 that had the same combo. There was an amazing reprint done about 3 years ago from DC that had all the original ads and it looks like this:

image.png.113e2b1166ca381b448bc236808cc5b9.png

Same shading. What have you found? What is the difference? You would think the ads would all run with the same art but maybe they changed things up once in a while?

House of Mystery 114 & Blackhawk 164 have the exact same outer back cover and the same inner back cover except for the "halftone" grey on the left side of the page.

I DID find a matching back cover though......... Action comics 280 has the EXACT same back. cover inside and out.