• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second submission received before first

5 posts in this topic

Hello! 

Was looking to get some clarification and hopefully peace of mind. I submitted a batch of cards to be graded for standard service in the middle of March. It posted as delivered on the 18th. I expected that there's a bit of delay due to backlog so I'm still waiting on the received email for that.

However, I did another batch two weeks after my first submission and it actually got received today. So now I'm a little worried because my first batch had lots of vintage cards and I think the value both sentimental and market value of the first submission is a lot higher than the second batch that's already been received. 

So question is, could there potentially be some sort of issue with the way I packaged and submitted the first batch causing a delay?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. There could be a variety of reasons why one was processed and completed before the other.  The packages might have arrived at different times and/or been opened and logged in on different days.  They could have been under different tiers which have different turnaround times.  If you have a submission number, we can take a look and check the status.

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the reply! I'm actually asking about the first submission...

Details below:

Date: 03/13/2021
Order: CGC7519284307
Submission #: No submission (not yet received)

Date: 03/26/2021
Order: CGC5142143698
Submission #: 3820465
Received: 4/8/21

For the first submission, tracking was updated as delivered 03/18. I think this submission might have been sent to the wrong PO Box...CGC PO Box 4738

Perhaps this is the cause of delay or will that get resolved if sent to 4738 instead of 4701?

Thank you.

• Administrator

Hi, PO Box 4738 is the box for Comic submissions.  If you sent a trading card submission to that box, it will still arrive but there will be a delay as they have completely different receiving departments and the package would then have to be sent over to the TC receiving room.  Trading cards are opening and entering mail from that week now so it should be logged in any time.  You will receive an email once it is in the system. 

Thanks!