• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction starting to look pretty interesting
3 3

322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

That’s a bit low for a Sal Buscema no?

lol

Colorado Kid always has good taste in art. Now I’m curious to see what the recreation goes for. I’ve been talking to a few guys and if they bring forward some of the things they are offering privately (they see the latest auction gets) this is going to be another bid happy HA affair.

I’m loving this personally. I don’t know why. I guess I’m pleased that the pandemic didn’t destroy our hobby.

Keep putting the art up for auction if you’re done staring at it 24/7, it looks like people have money to burn right now.

Edited by grapeape

1 minute ago, Bill C said:

For the past week or so, I was thinking that the floor on that piece was maybe 300K? But that was a number I basically pulled out of the air with no real hard data.

Same. I'm a novice on here compared to most, and that was just my gut call rather than a data-driven estimate. I'm curious to see what those more familiar with that market think it can hit

I will take the under at $300k. While it is a great cover, Wood's is really known for his Sci-Fi work. Romitaman has a really nice Weird Science #22 Wood's cover for $130k. Not sure why this one would necessarily go for almost two and a half times as much.

I still think a lot of EC stuff is undervalued simply because it doesn't "fit" into too many collections. I own a Jack Davis complete story and would love to own more EC art. That said, I really have no interest in just owning one page. The whole thing that makes EC so interesting is the stories. Yes a cover would be awesome and some splash pages would be nice. But part of the problem with the splash pages is a lot of times the "host" picture is just a stat, which pretty much makes the splash pages not worth more than a panel page (since they sometimes are panels and not a splash also).

2c