• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction starting to look pretty interesting
3 3

322 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, innocuous said:

I took my first look at the offering this time around. I really hope the Promise is enough of a distraction from the OA. 

That Promise collection is quite amazing.  I'll be rooting for a couple lots, hoping for a bump in my lesser copies from the buzz.  Interesting, and you might be right about OA  playing second fiddle this time around. 

On 4/20/2021 at 1:59 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

This is where I'm at too with me having regret on not picking up some comics when I had the chance when prices were more in my range. Not even big books either but stuff like a mid grade daredevil #1, and a 9.4 of Werewolf by Night 32. Besides the later being a hotbook now because of the Disney show which explains some of it, everything seems to have increased dramatically in price in only a small amount of time.  DD1 for example seems to have doubled in price from October. Whether it's the refound interest in Pokémon cards since the late 90s or the videogame market where even old DS games are going for hundreds of dollars there doesn't seem to be one collectible market that isn't experiencing a price rise. Which is even more amazing considering current economic issues many are facing. Of course we're also living in a time where doge coin has gone up 600% in only a few days too.

The MCU pop culture wave is lifting all boats. The first Iron Man film came out 13 years ago in 2008. 

8 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So many more incredible OA pieces recently added to this auction ...over 700 lots now.  This one's gonna hurt my wallet!

This is the first Heritage auction I can remember in a while where the OA is an afterthought.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:18 AM, zhamlau said:

I sold the title splash to this book to Burkey a few years back. It just sat on his site for a long time before finally being taken down, not sure if it eventually sold or got traded. I remember thinking at the time I was surprised someone didn't snatch it up after i sold it to him, he had a reasonable mark up on it from what I sold it for and I would imagine if you collected Hulk that was a prime era for you. But it just stayed there for the longest time.

Ugh, I tried to get that page from Burkey, I loved it.  Psyklop is one of my favorite Hulk villains and such an awesome splash.  didn't have the cash at the time and couldn't work out a trade.  One of my regrets for sure.  Still looking for an awesome Sal page with the Hulk and Psyklop for my collection.   Will never be able to afford this cover but I can dream, right?