• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ads That Make You Laugh/Cringe Now
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Off topic but I call BS on marvel zombies too.  They ate the entire human poulation in like a week.  I did the math once and it was like each marvel zombie would have to eat 60,000 people per second.  

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

We all have a picture(s) of ourselves from days gone by that we look at now and say, "what the heck was I thinking?" Ads in comics are no different. What's your favorite cringeworthy ad featured in a comic? Below is one I recently came across and just thought, WTF...

warjournal4back.thumb.jpg.fbd06194e31642ba65299ce70ff46f34.jpg

Passable look for a bowling team, not so much a super-hero.

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

We all have a picture(s) of ourselves from days gone by that we look at now and say, "what the heck was I thinking?" Ads in comics are no different. What's your favorite cringeworthy ad featured in a comic? Below is one I recently came across and just thought, WTF...

warjournal4back.thumb.jpg.fbd06194e31642ba65299ce70ff46f34.jpg

I would take a Large in Blue today. Perfect for that spring or fall con. I can't read the pink -script. Does it give a copyright date? Is this 1980s?

36 minutes ago, Shrevvy said:

I would take a Large in Blue today. Perfect for that spring or fall con. I can't read the pink ---script. Does it give a copyright date? Is this 1980s?

Cant tell what the fine print is. I’ll have to dig it out. Yeah, it’s 1988 I think. Punisher War Journal 4 or 5. 

My reaction is less about the product  and more about the ad itself. lol 

Edited by awakeintheashes

16 hours ago, kav said:

New York gets cold-but superheroes they are just fine in spandex or skimpy cleavage/thong outfits for the ladies.  I call BS.  They would wear jackets.

They’re superheroes.  If they can survive being hit by the Hulk, surely they can handle the cold. 

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

They’re superheroes.  If they can survive being hit by the Hulk, surely they can handle the cold. 

even nonsuper ones tho?  black widow for instance.

17 hours ago, kav said:

Off topic but I call BS on marvel zombies too.  They ate the entire human poulation in like a week.  I did the math once and it was like each marvel zombie would have to eat 60,000 people per second.  

Completely, utterly irrelevant, but I'll play.

The reason behind it is zombie depression, compensated for by an increasing craving for brains and overeating.

35 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Ah, the days before Photoshop.

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

P00006_thumb.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yup.  It'd be amusing to Photoshop a polar bear and a honey badger in there instead.

5 minutes ago, catman76 said:

rup.thumb.jpg.a9b97eefe9879aec4d8d89a33c280b62.jpg

Possibly a necessary purchase after a Charles Atlas or Count Dante training course, after overdoing the Dynamic Tension or extreme martial arts.