• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

99 Savage Swords on the Wall ... and 20% off all remaining magazines
3 3

230 posts in this topic

SSOC #10 Copy B. Boris Vallejo cover. 8.5 White. Because I decided to upgrade here, this is my bought-off-the-newsstand copy of the magazine from 1976. Better page quality but a variety of light creases that remind me just how extraordinary the condition of the magazines in this collection are. $24

ss10mine.jpeg

ss10bcmine.jpeg

Marvel Super Special #2: SSOC Copy B. Earl Norem 1978 wrap-around cover. 9.2 OW (color) pages. A virtually flawless copy but for the crease in the top right corner of the front cover. This crease a bit more pronounced than the one on Copy A $30

mss2b.jpeg

mss2bbc.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

31 minutes ago, SteveDuin said:

Five books tonight. I'll be back with the final 9 issues of the Savage Sword run at 9 am Pacific Thursday.

First up: The crisper of the two copies of #10.

SSOC 10 Copy A. Boris Vallejo cover. 9.2 OW. Light crease top left front cover. Tiny imperfection on the back cover between the "who's" and the "smiling." $40

ss10.jpeg

ss10bc.jpeg

:takeit:

SSOC 9. Boris Vallejo cover. 9.2+ OW. Faint crease top right corner. Razor-thin overhang on right cover edge. Slightly annoying bindery tear top spine. I'm not sure any of these flaws are reason to downgrade the magazine from 9.4. $50 SOLD

ss9a.jpeg

ss9abc.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

Just now, SteveDuin said:

SSOC 9. Boris Vallejo cover. 9.2+ OW. Faint crease top right corner. Razor-thin overhang on right cover edge. Slightly annoying bindery tear top spine. I'm not sure any of these flaws are reason to downgrade the magazine from 9.4. $50

ss9a.jpeg

ss9abc.jpeg

take

2 minutes ago, SteveDuin said:

SSOC 7 Copy A. Boris Vallejo cover. 9.2 OW. Small piece missing bottom spine back cover, small ding bottom spine front cover. $45

ss7a.jpeg

ss7abc.jpeg

Take

SSOC 6. Alex Nino and Frank Mansino cover. Just a glorious square bound. 9.4+ OW. At the top right section of the front cover, you can see the light staple indentation from the book stored next to it all these years, but this still feels like a 9.6 to me. Slabbed copies of this are going nuts, not that I want to encourage that kind of thing. $65 SOLD

ss6b.jpeg

ss6bbc.jpeg

ss6spine.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

Just now, SteveDuin said:

SSOC 6. Alex Nino and Frank Mansino cover. Just a glorious square bound. 9.4+ OW. At the top right section of the front cover, you can see the light staple indentation from the book stored next to it all these years, but this still feels like a 9.6 to me. Slabbed copies of this are going nuts, not that I want to encourage that kind of thing. $65

ss6b.jpeg

ss6bbc.jpeg

ss6spine.jpeg

Take