• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I press clean and regrade ?

9 posts in this topic

I Just purchased a asm 129 6.5 with white pages I was curious about its grading notes so I purchased them these are the notes 

CGC Grader Notes
light scuff left top of spine
light spine stress lines to cover
small, multiple crease right bottom of front cover breaks color

It looks like it has a decent spine roll but cgc did not notate that ? So would this be a good candidate for a grade bump with a good press and clean or not. I ask the question because I have never done this before so I can’t tell if it is or not any help will be greatly appreciated 

743A8FD5-3DAA-4982-98C3-C1800E351420.jpeg

CGC doesn't note all defects.   What they did note isn't going to be improved by a press

Personally I can't say from that pic if it would get a bump from a press

Some more pics from diff angles may get you some responses from folks with more experience in this area

Edited by csaag
Typo

5 hours ago, Killerkelly said:

It looks like it has a decent spine roll but cgc did not notate that ?

Because that's not spine roll it's a miswrap.

At least that's the way it looks from the front cover. Can you post a back cover pic?

5 hours ago, Jeffro. said:
10 hours ago, Killerkelly said:

It looks like it has a decent spine roll but cgc did not notate that ?

At least that's the way it looks from the front cover. Can you post a back cover pic?

Yes - miswrap as opposed to spine roll. Quite classic representation of one. And the color breaking creases will certainly keep the grade down some. And if you can determine when it was graded, if it was in the past few years good chance it has already been pressed.

7 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I have not received the book yet but as soon as it gets in I will update the post with very detailed pictures and thank you for viewing the post and sharing you’re opinion 

29 minutes ago, Killerkelly said:

I have not received the book yet but as soon as it gets in I will update the post with very detailed pictures and thank you for viewing the post and sharing you’re opinion 

You may want to post in ‘Hey buddy, can you spare grade’ forum.  Take good pics and cover the grade and certification number beforehand.  You can still post here too. 👍