• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year will silver age comic values revert to in a crash?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

If you were to state comic values in terms of a year, in general what year do you think the market value of silver age comics would revert to in the event of a market crash?  Just looking for a one word answer (such as 2018 or 2007 etc)  Just for fun.

13 minutes ago, jtrias00 said:

If you were to state comic values in terms of a year, in general what year do you think the market value of silver age comics would revert to in the event of a market crash?  Just looking for a one word answer (such as 2018 or 2007 etc)  Just for fun.

@kobra65 has a sales thread that he started in February. 

He keeps adding to it and I check it regularly because the books he lists are just incredible. Anyway,  it's crazy to look at his asking prices for Hulk181 in just February. What was a very reasonable price just a few months ago,  looks like the deal of the century right now!  Prices are just flying. 

15 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Correction to Feb, 2021 auction prices. Ah, those were the good ol' days. :golfclap:

I agree with 2021 - hard to see some keys going much higher for a few years, but I also expect to see some big price jumps on certain undervalued silver and bronze books.  I would not be surprised to see many silver and bronze books quadrupling or more in price by end of 2021.  

I don't know why we continue to have this debate. Unless you have access to a time travel machine or you are psychic, the best we can get are educated guesses. Instead of worrying about a crash, let's just be happy that we are along for the ride.

FYI - On October 30, 2020, the S & P index stood at 3,269.96. As of Friday, it currently stands at 4,128.80. That is a 26.3% increase in 15.5 months. I have repeatedly heard about stock market crashes. Although these do occur, the stock market continues to rise over the long term.

Edited by Math Teacher

8 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I don't know why we continue to have this debate. Unless you have access to a time travel machine or you are psychic, the best we can get are educated guesses. Instead of worrying about a crash, let's just be happy that we are along for the ride.

FYI - On October 30, 2030, the S & P index stood at 3,269.96. As of Friday, it currently stands at 4,128.80. That is a 26.3% increase in 15.5 months. I have repeatedly heard about stock market crashes. Although these do occur, the stock market continues to rise over the long term.

Note to self, sell every S&P stock I own before 10-30-2030

10 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

FYI - On October 30, 2030, the S & P index stood at 3,269.96. As of Friday, it currently stands at 4,128.80. That is a 26.3% increase in 15.5 months. I have repeatedly heard about stock market crashes. Although these do occur, the stock market continues to rise over the long term.

I've been hearing that since the Dow was at 14K about 15 years ago.  Lots of very intelligent people with persuasive arguments filled with all sorts of statistics.  In all that time it had 2 crashes, one bigger than the other.  Both times it recovered to new highs and kept going, one faster than the other.

So were they right or wrong?   A lot of them thought once it crashed there would be a 'new norm'.   The ones who believed that and stayed on the sidelines long term certainly were wrong.    With all this tax law change, sometimes I think I'll just hold my bigger keys until retirement and hope they modify the law and maybe add some income levels to those tax thresholds.  Just have to hope it's not right around a comic crash period.  Otherwise I'll just decide to  live longer cause it will recover.