• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insert page has separated from book. How do I proceed.

7 posts in this topic

So the middle page had separated from a book I picked up recently. Its MTO 54 so late bronze very nice copy.

What are my options here if anything. I can see where the page separated from the staple. Is there 
any option here or is this book just toast? I have  local guys that does press and restoration work
for me on a occasion is it worth it?

I love that issue, bought it off the stand back in the day. It sounds like the centerfold is now fully detached from both staples. An experienced presser might try to slide the paper back underneath the staples but tbh it's gone, man. That centerfold is detached, which would mean max CGC 6-7.0 probably now if the rest is 9.0+.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So the middle page had separated from a book I picked up recently. Its MTO 54 so late bronze very nice copy.

What are my options here if anything. I can see where the page separated from the staple. Is there 
any option here or is this book just toast? I have  local guys that does press and restoration work
for me on a occasion is it worth it?

If it was to keep raw in wouldn't even worry about it. But if it's a flip or something you really want graded I don't know of a way to successfully re-attach without getting a green label. Maybe sell it and go back on the hunt if you can't live with it or it's not financially a good idea. 

3 hours ago, serling1978 said:

If it was to keep raw in wouldn't even worry about it. But if it's a flip or something you really want graded I don't know of a way to successfully re-attach without getting a green label. Maybe sell it and go back on the hunt if you can't live with it or it's not financially a good idea. 

Thats what I thought. I bought it cheap and it is NM so I was going to flip it. I was thumbing thru the book because sometimes you find
a double cover, or money. This time the page fell out. lol

On 4/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Thats what I thought. I bought it cheap and it is NM so I was going to flip it. I was thumbing thru the book because sometimes you find
a double cover, or money. This time the page fell out. lol

You mean the cover looked NM. Next time, flip thru it before you buy it.