• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recasing Books
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Good evening, my question is that whenever you send a book in to be recased, will the grade stay the same? I have a couple of Pedigree books that I want the new Pedigree Label for and a 9.9 book I want to be in a new case.

Thank you for your time 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Once the book is removed from the original holder, the original grade is no longer valid.  Generally though, in most cases, a book submitted for reholder will retain the same grade.  The only time that could change is if any damage occurred to the book post encapsulation. If that were to occur, then the book would have to be regraded and the grade could possibly change.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. Once the book is removed from the original holder, the original grade is no longer valid.  Generally though, in most cases, a book submitted for reholder will retain the same grade.  The only time that could change is if any damage occurred to the book post encapsulation. If that were to occur, then the book would have to be regraded and the grade could possibly change.

Thanks!

Thank you for responding. Well I guess I will not send my books in to get recased. 

1 hour ago, RayJr said:

Thank you for responding. Well I guess I will not send my books in to get recased. 

Don't remove your book from the slab before shipping it. Let CGC do it...you'll keep the same grade - unless it gets abused during shipping.

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

Don't remove your book from the slab before shipping it. Let CGC do it...you'll keep the same grade - unless it gets abused during shipping.

Yea I’m tracking my friend to leave it in the case but if they are saying that it could get damaged before encapsulating then I’m not going to send it in.