• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Spider-Man Pizzazz Poster

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I just got this poster and am wondering if it was advertised in Pizzazz magazine for sale, was specifically printed for comic stores to advertise the magazine or was an exclusive promo. If anyone knows I would appreciate any info.

Thanks!

PizzazzPosterPromo.thumb.jpg.30ca45b7797da7db5432b009a19bdc7d.jpg

Edited by TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector

The poster was sent to schools, at least in my case.   We used to be able to subscribe to magazines via a Scholastic Books like program-- I subscribed to Pizzaz and got them in mailer envelopes and the teacher gave me the poster because she knew I was a comic fan and a subscriber.

16 hours ago, AndyFish said:

The poster was sent to schools, at least in my case.   We used to be able to subscribe to magazines via a Scholastic Books like program-- I subscribed to Pizzaz and got them in mailer envelopes and the teacher gave me the poster because she knew I was a comic fan and a subscriber.

Thanks! Now I know. I use to see magazines offered for sale in the Scholastic "Weekly Reader" brochures the teacher gave us too. SMASH magazine had the best inserts, then Dynamite.