• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Marvel character intro will NEVER get hot?
3 3

292 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

When this book starts to explode, the end is nigh....

DDBC1B3A-373C-4F54-B6AC-F15E3985D20E.jpeg

Pondering the physics of rockets attached to heels it wouldnt zoom you around just shoot yo feet out from under you and leave you lying on yo back wondering wtf just happened.  Not even going into where in the hell is the rocket fuel stored.

One word:  Shade the Changing Man.  No matter how often he changes his underwear, he will not get hot.

4 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

The problem is if we start the same thread for DC, some Marvel fanatic smart @ss will say “All of them.”

dang

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

"Do you wanna get high man?"

"Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls man?"

Actually a common misconception.  He is actually more like a Ken doll and is anatomically incorrect.  (No junk) 

20210411_233936.thumb.jpg.c040a27fe3bf7ccc3ee46db534db8ff4.jpg

He wasn't like Pinocchio who later became a real boy. ( although that mean ol'  Geppetto's must have made Pinocchio a wooden willy or that would have been real confusing when he hit puberty.) 

Kinda like Chip from Beauty and the Beast..

20210321_005020.jpg.8e36207d4c7ffa19a9f1b29bc2e12559.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Creepy puppet..

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Actually a common misconception.  He is actually more like a Ken doll and is anatomically incorrect.  (No junk) 

20210411_233936.thumb.jpg.c040a27fe3bf7ccc3ee46db534db8ff4.jpg

He wasn't like Pinocchio who later became a real boy. ( although that mean ol'  Geppetto's must have made Pinocchio a wooden willy or that would have been real confusing when he hit puberty.) 

Kina like Chip from Beauty and the Beast..

20210321_005020.jpg.8e36207d4c7ffa19a9f1b29bc2e12559.jpg

Cheech and freaking Chong man. Get with the times

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Funny.  Do not know what the deal is with clowns these last few days. Maybe the Cardkid threads.. (shrug) but I shared a story from the boards about this in another thread. It deserves a share here as well. 

Bob Kane and Clown Paintings.

The clown story comes from Arnold Drake:

“Bob had gotten to the point where he never drew anything. Never drew anything on the Batman comics, anyway. [Sheldon] Moldoff was ghosting them all and when he didn’t, someone else did. The only thing I think Bob ever drew was when we’d be out somewhere, in a restaurant or someplace, and a pretty girl would come over to him and say, ‘Are you really the man who draws Batman?’ Then he could whip out a little sketch for her, a big sketch if she was wearing something low-cut and would bend over to watch him draw.

One day I’m over at his house to discuss this newspaper strip idea we had and he’s talking about who we might get to draw it. I was going to write it and we were going to get someone else to draw it. I’m not sure what Bob was going to do on it except sign his name. I said to him, 'Bob, isn’t it disappointing to you that you don’t draw any more? You were once such a great artist.’ He wasn’t but you had to talk to Bob that way.

He said, 'Oh, no. Let me show you something.’ He took me into a little room in his house. It was his studio. I didn’t even know he still had a studio. It was all set up with easels and things and there were paintings, paintings of clowns. You know the kind. Like the ones Red Skelton used to do. Just these insipid portraits of clowns, all signed very large, 'Bob Kane.’ He was so proud of them. He said, 'These are the paintings that are going to make me in the world of art. Batman was a big deal in one world and these paintings will soon be in every gallery in the world.’ He thought the Louvre was going to take down the Mona Lisa to put up his clown paintings. I didn’t have the heart to tell him.

So a few months later, I’m up at DC and I ran into Eddie Herron. Eddie was another writer up there and we got to talking and Bob’s name came up. Eddie said, 'Did you hear? Bob’s getting sued by one of his ghost artists.’

I said, 'How is that possible? Shelly Moldoff’s suing Bob? But they had a clear deal. Shelly knew he wasn’t going to get credit or anything…’

Eddie said, 'No, not Shelly.’ Bob was being sued by the person who’d painted the clowns for him…”

His interview with stan lee where he claimed to have worked for Disney drawing mickey mouse, then proceeded to'draw' mickey-in my opinion he had never drawn mickey mouse in his life.  It was grotesque.  There is a procedure for drawing mickey, and it starts with drawing 3 circles of a certain proscribed size.   He didnt do that but just outlined.  No freakin way.
Adam on Twitter: "I literally thought he was drawing Mickey Mouse at first  when he started that Catwoman. Lmao. Stan should've said, "Batman next?".⦠ https://t.co/A0pz9c5eOB"

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

His interview with stan lee where he claimed to have worked for Disney drawing mickey mouse, then proceededto'draw'mickey-iny opinionhe had never drawn mickey mouse in his life.  It was grotesque.  There is a procedure for drawing mickey, and it starts with drawing 3 circles of a certain proscribed size.   He didnt do that but just outlined.  No freakin way.
Adam on Twitter: "I literally thought he was drawing Mickey Mouse at first  when he started that Catwoman. Lmao. Stan should've said, "Batman next?".⦠ https://t.co/A0pz9c5eOB"

Looks more like a crude drawing of Billy Bob Bear from Showbiz Pizza..ERjm3QRX0AADBPL.thumb.jpg.b4f097d5cb1dd076088d06f4bb431bac.jpg