• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Marvel character intro will NEVER get hot?
3 3

292 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Disney owns ABC, Universal/Comcast owns NBC, so Howdy Doody will probably show up in the next Fast and Furious movie lol

:facepalm:. Definitely a mistake on my part. 

Also.. :roflmao:. Fast and Furious.. 

"I live my life a quarter mile at a Howdy Doody Time! " 

30 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Hellcow.  You just can't find a cape like that for just any cow.

image.png.0bd72421574ecd410f32ba3c55cab570.png

I always thought it was just me that appreciated the brilliance of this terribly underrated character.  The thread shows I'm not alone here.

Perhaps I shouldn't say that, though, as it might create interest and demand.

At least I'm protected by having a NM raw copy.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I always thought it was just me that appreciated the brilliance of this terribly underrated character.  The thread shows I'm not alone here.

Perhaps I shouldn't say that, though, as it might create interest and demand.

At least I'm protected by having a NM raw copy.

image.thumb.png.6d9bb0e49b8ced26dbcee7302a63cdbb.png

Not gonna read this whole thing, but NFL Superpro comes to mind if nobody else has said it. Not saying I haven't hedged just in case. I feel like U.S. 1 and Dakota North and any number of New Universe titles have a chance. U.S. 1 is gonna be tough because it is spawned by the whole trucker craze that was popular with Smokey and the Bandit and BJ and the Bear (Marvel came 2 years late, of course, but whatever), but it actually has some interesting art and spawned a few characters that appeared in Marvel continuity, although poor Barn von Blimp never escaped to the rest of Marvel. 

1 hour ago, wisbyron said:

Ravage 2099.

NFL SuperPro.

Adam the X-Treme.

Quasar.

Hypno Hustler. (though that would be admittedly awesome)

Turner D Century.

No, Quasar will come around. He had a series that lasted 5 years. Longer than Darkhawk! Then again, Ravage 2099 lasted 33 issues. How is that possible? Somehow 9.8 newsies have sold for both $21.50 and $152 all within a week of eachother  https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAVAGE-2099-1-CBCS-9-8-WHITE-NEWSSTAND-EDITION-GOLD-FOIL-MARVEL-COMICS-LIKE-CGC-/124513518125?hash=item1cfd95822d%3Ag%3AKjUAAOSwCbJd9Qaa&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ravage-2099-1-Newsstand-Variant-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-WHITE-PAGES/164653387130?hash=item26561b4d7a:g:eYQAAOSw7L9gBmWS

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

image.thumb.png.6d9bb0e49b8ced26dbcee7302a63cdbb.png

Thats utterly ridicowlous! lol:sorry:

Unpopular opinion: Warlock.

That Marvel managed to do an Infinity Gauntlet adaption and a Captain Marvel movie - as well as two Guardians films, and the closest we got was a post-credits cameo of a female Warlock (what - was it literally "Her"?) means he's not gonna' happen.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Unpopular opinion: Warlock.

That Marvel managed to do an Infinity Gauntlet adaption and a Captain Marvel movie - as well as two Guardians films, and the closest we got was a post-credits cameo of a female Warlock (what - was it literally "Her"?) means he's not gonna' happen.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

Warlock already got hot- mere whiff of him in a movie caused Thor 165 prices to sky rocket.
He actually appears in a movie and Thor 165 will start approaching GSXM 1 prices-