• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Marvel character intro will NEVER get hot?
3 3

292 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, vheflin said:

Jaxxon AKA green space rabbit

jaxxon.jpg.4935e2f296321bd1f62fb8556fd51e01.jpg

Don't discount this just yet.  Jaxxon has been snuck into the current Star Wars universe canon in the comics and novels.

Disney also authorized Hasbro to release this in a couple of months. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-jaxxon

Currently available for preorder

image.thumb.png.5fd3e727251efe6bee8a90c878c90a23.png

On 4/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, Funnybooks said:

still lobbying...

This guy was created the same time as Dr. Strange and this is the best they could do?

th?id=OIP.KRjz7jrNM7J6QCzGNCN96QHaJp&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Seriously, he has to devote a whole arm to the paste pot. Nobody thought to put the tank on his back, really?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Seriously, he has to devote a whole arm to the paste pot. Nobody thought to put the tank on his back, really?

Let's put this into perspective.

Marvel made this guy amazing by getting a MMA fighter to portray him and making him an assassin.  I can only imagine what they would do if they wanted, to make Paste Pot Pete a formidable villain online. 

image.png.756915573c98981d6e6ad90aa06eba38.png

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Marvel made this guy amazing by getting a MMA fighter to portray him and making him an assassin.  I can only imagine what they would do if they wanted, to make Paste Pot Pete a formidable villain online. 

If you think about it spider man is basically paste pot peter parker with his sticky webs-

28 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

hm

I am not going to argue that. 

Buzz never argues

Screenshot 2021-04-25 at 1.52.31 PM.png

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

OK, but Batroc was a pretty regular cap opponent for a while. He's a fighter, just like the guy who played him. Paste Pot eventually gets a costume/apparatus that makes sense. Somehow this guy appeared almost 200 times in Marvel comics. Also, no way Batroc is actually dead. It would be silly to kill him off.

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Don't discount this just yet.  Jaxxon has been snuck into the current Star Wars universe canon in the comics and novels.

Disney also authorized Hasbro to release this in a couple of months. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-jaxxon

Currently available for preorder

image.thumb.png.5fd3e727251efe6bee8a90c878c90a23.png

That looks possible, now that they’ve gone with a more matt and neutral shade of green.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, vheflin said:

Jaxxon AKA green space rabbit

jaxxon.jpg.4935e2f296321bd1f62fb8556fd51e01.jpg

I mean... Jaxxon did also get a cover appearance in 2015 (technically two of them, because there's also a black and white variant of this variant). And yes, there are about eleventy thousand variants to the 2015 Star Wars #1, and the Launch Party ones don't crack the top 10 in terms of value, but that's hardly the point here, now is it?

https://www.ultimatecomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Photograph-13-scaled.jpg

I don't expect the character to go anywhere, but let's be honest, there are dumber things in the original Star Wars canon. Outside of the original two droids (which are really Laurel and Hardy expies), Star Wars does not have a good track record with comic relief characters. But it isn't entirely inconceivable that they could use Jaxxon as an action character with a little levity (because, again, green rabbit), not screw it up, and have him go somewhere. First appearance is Star Wars #8, which is still pretty cheap as a raw book and not entirely unreasonable up through 9.6 at least. Star Wars books in 9.8 are gonna Star Wars books in 9.8, apparently.

If you're into variants and oddities, there is the usual no-date diamond-price box (aka "Whitman", even if that's a pretty imprecise use of the term). On the normal issue, there's also a somewhat elusive half-page centerfold insert, advertising Pizzazz magazine. CGC won't categorize those separately, but does note the insert on the case, like with MJIs. I'm pretty sure these were regionally distributed, but it was a pretty big distribution; they're uncommon but not really rare in the traditional sense. However, they're pretty much impossible to spot without opening the book (much more so than MJIs), so there's certain to be a large undetected population of them out there...

...if, you know, you're into production variants of comics "renowned" for their introduction of giant green rabbit men. It's okay. I collect weird stuff, too. No judgment.