Which Marvel character intro will NEVER get hot?
3 3

293 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

John Storm.  You dont need to burn him directly just keep the temp up until he cooks.  This is not rocket science.

 

Lotta Sal Buscema gapin jaws on that cover.

Spiderman's jaw as well :baiting:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

or Howard the Duck...sadly

Fear 19 did get hot after Howard turned up in Guardians of the Galaxy’s end credit scene.

Edited by Ken Aldred
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Fear 19 did get hot after Howard turned up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Always a bridesmaid, never the bride for our fine feathered friend

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another wrinkle to add to this as there are thousands of forgettable villains.  Which major mcu hero's first recurring protagonist will never get hot?

Cap has the Red Skull

Thor has Loki

Hulk has the Leader

Iron Man has Mandarin

Spidey has "insert one of many names here: Goblin, Doc Ock, Vulture, they're all pricey"

Ant Man has......................Egg Head.  There is your winner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phillinley said:

Another wrinkle to add to this as there are thousands of forgettable villains.  Which major mcu hero's first recurring protagonist will never get hot?

Cap has the Red Skull

Thor has Loki

Hulk has the Leader

Iron Man has Mandarin

Spidey has "insert one of many names here: Goblin, Doc Ock, Vulture, they're all pricey"

Ant Man has......................Egg Head.  There is your winner. 

eggselent example

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, iggy said:

I went to the Howard The Duck movie 1st day of release early anticipating a big line to get in lol

Still love that movie

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Spiderman's jaw as well :baiting:

surprised Buscema never modified spiderman's mask to make it like Cap's so he could add his patented gaping mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

or Howard the Duck...sadly

When I saw the topic, this was the first name that popped into my mind also. Will Howard become a major character one day and the values to go with it. I hope so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

What were people thinking when they created some of these villains?

Here are two more, with pictures: Stilt-Man and Leap Frog from Daredevil.

DD8.jpg.d6e05529efae6d160d919d0d86d96a30.jpg     DD25.jpg.f475cda5e8fd54035947ed32c9cf2613.jpg

All I can say is that Stan Lee/Wally Wood/Gene Colan must have having writer's/artist's block when they created DD #8 and DD #25.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

still lobbying...

This guy was created the same time as Dr. Strange and this is the best they could do?

 

th?id=OIP.KRjz7jrNM7J6QCzGNCN96QHaJp&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

lolhe hoses people down with glue??

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kav said:

surprised Buscema never modified spiderman's mask to make it like Cap's so he could add his patented gaping mouth.

Maybe he was afraid Spidey would end up catching flies in his open mouth?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3