• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Marvel character intro will NEVER get hot?
3 3

292 posts in this topic

Just now, Funnybooks said:

Uh Ken...I think you may have some issues...

you're pulling these up at a pace that suggests you have been thinking way too much about this all day hm

It's all old stuff that I've found strange or amusing down the years.  I've been reading comics for over four decades.

Covid restrictions have been relaxed here today, and I've also been waiting in, twiddling my thumbs waiting for a call back on some building work I'm having done on the house, so at least I've been occupying the time and my mind with something really, really constructive.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

It's all old stuff that I've found strange or amusing down the years.  I've been reading comics for over four decades.

Covid restrictions have been relaxed here today, and I've also been waiting in, twiddling my thumbs waiting for a call back on some building work I'm having done on the house, so at least I've been occupying the time and my mind with something really, really constructive.

just having fun...It's probably a reflection of myself since I've been replying to your posts along the way :tonofbricks:

This thread has been....four eye...opening

14 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The Spanker

672668-the_spanker.jpg

"Fred Hovel was wrenched from his position as the headmaster of a private school for excessive administration of corporal punishment. His desire to deliver discipline outweighing his sense of justice, he applied his passion for posterior paddling to criminal endeavor. Attracting the attention of Doctor Angst, he joined the Band of the Bland and shared in their first defeat at Shea Stadium by the Defenders."

and I thought it was the Golden Age that had the lamest heroes/villains

21 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Here are two more, with pictures: Stilt-Man and Leap Frog from Daredevil.

DD8.jpg.d6e05529efae6d160d919d0d86d96a30.jpg     DD25.jpg.f475cda5e8fd54035947ed32c9cf2613.jpg

All I can say is that Stan Lee/Wally Wood/Gene Colan must have having writer's/artist's block when they created DD #8 and DD #25.

You joke, but Leap Frog is a major character in one of the best Daredevil stories I've ever read.

"Wake Up" - Daredevil (vol. 2) # 16-19, Bendis's first work on the title. It's a masterpiece, and easily equal to - or better than - any of the stories from Miller's first run.

*Highly* recommended, as the story transcends comic books -- and that Bendis reached all the way back to vol. 1 # 25 to feature freakin' Leap Frog is amazing in its own right.

I could easily see this storyline feature as the B-plot of a Netflix (or Disney+) Daredevil storyline, although tonally it's more in line with Jessica Jones, WandaVision, or even Law & Order SVU.

Daredevil_Vol_2_16.jpg

12 minutes ago, kav said:

"Lady Stilt Man"  not Stilt Lady.
Something's wrong here- 

She could be royalty.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

She could be royalty.

Stiltress would be better.

16 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210411_233021.thumb.jpg.2d4b285de52e4923ef51001115cf9eae.jpg

A bit too Uncanny Valley for me, this one.

A puppet holding some sharp scissors dangerously close to the kid's neck.

th?id=OIP.u9OvoVDETgjDtLgDmFShUwHaEc%26p

3 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Quasar.

Possible he might appear during the next Phase of Marvel movies as he's a key cosmic character.

I hope so, he's one of my favourites.

Alternatively, it could be Phylla-Vell from the Guardians of the Galaxy, for example, if they adapt Annihilation.