• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will The Marvel love ever spread to DC?
2 2

91 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, kav said:

yep.  they just all suck even the Batmans dont know why ppl like the lousy batman movies.  Bad.
Except for the first WW movie and the orig Superman movie.

Quite a few Zack Snyder fans on here,  though.

Watchmen, Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition; all very good super-hero films.

Yet to see Snyder’s Justice League, but I suspect I’ll rate it a win as well.

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Watchmen, Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition; all very good super-hero films.

As much as I enjoy Snyder films, the moment they casted Affleck as batman is.when they lost me....  should have bribed Bale to stay 

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm talking about the movies. DoS was done better than Civil War was. DoS may have been too early, but Civil War's adaptation was completely neutered. At least the stakes of DoS was kept in tact.

As a movie I enjoyed civil war better.  BUT I never did read the comics on it so I can't compare the two.  But the DoS story line in the comics was done very nicely and it was a great send-off all be it short loved.

1 minute ago, god503 said:

As a movie I enjoyed civil war better.  BUT I never did read the comics on it so I can't compare the two.  But the DoS story line in the comics was done very nicely and it was a great send-off all be it short loved.

I suspect that if you read the comics, you wouldn't be so keen on it. Hel, even if I ignore the comics, I'm still not happy that there are virtually no stakes for the Hero vs Hero story. I don't expect the movies to fully copy the comics - as that would be boring - but the heart of Civil War was omitted from the movie. There are some very nice panels homages by the Russo Bros, but they let me down. At least they made up for it in Infinity War.

Doomsday should've been the first Justice League threat in Worlds of DC, IMO. IIRC, Snyder and Co. wanted Metallo to be the villain in BvS, but WB wanted Doomsday.

4 minutes ago, god503 said:

As a movie I enjoyed civil war better.  BUT I never did read the comics on it so I can't compare the two. 

It turned a Civil War into a super-hero Civil Minor Altercation.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

forgot watchmen-very good.  Didnt like batman v superman as the giggly overacting jesse eisenberg totally ruined film for me.  Plus stupidman when luthor said i dont know where your mom is-should have jerked him about 2 miles up in the air, ripped off an ear and said 'can you figure it out?'
Yeah he would have got the location pretty quick.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

...when luthor said i dont know where your mom is-should have jerked him about 2 miles up in the air, ripped off an ear and said 'can you figure it out?'
Yeah he would have got the location pretty quick.

??? I think you missed part of the movie.

Dc movies are weird sometimes,joker movie is for me not a dc movie,the joker is in his 40s,aint maliciously smart,have no skills ,and when bruce wayne begins to be batman aprox 25 years old,the joker will be too old ,nothing fits for dc universe,a good movie,but it should have been called someting else have nothing to do with dc,and the movie would have been more enjoyable.for me batman beyond would be their best chance to make a statement.to prove that they are ready for the same level as marvel.a warlord movie would be a godsend too(worship)

1 hour ago, god503 said:

As much as I enjoy Snyder films, the moment they casted Affleck as batman is.when they lost me....  should have bribed Bale to stay 

But he looks the part, just like he looked the part for DD when he was younger, he just seems awfully stiff in the role. The Game of Throwns guy playing him in Titans is an interesting take on Bruce Wayne at 60ish.