• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sleeper Comic Link auctions ending tomorrow night!
1 1

14 posts in this topic

With attention being split between two major auction houses, I think we could seem some sleepers. Set those alarms!

The Comic Link offering has some pretty key pages from recent MCU events. Below are four picks that stood out to me. 

Highlights:

Avengers West Coast 51 p 4 - John Byrne 
This one is straight out of Wanda Vision with Wanda, Vision, and Agatha Harkness!
Current bid - $3600

Infinity Gauntlet 4 p 20 - Ron Lim
Another killer moment portrayed in the MCU with Iron Man defeating Thanos!
Current bid - $3700

Infinity Gauntlet 4 p 19 - Ron Lim
Wanda battles Thanos! Nuff said. 
Current bid - $3525

Spider-Gwen 24 cover a J. Scott Campbell
For the modern enthusiast, this is the issue Gwen bonds with the Venom symbiote from her universe which drastically alters her storyline going forward. This is Gwen’s ASM252/Secret Wars 8. 
Current bid - $4605

3 minutes ago, Xatari said:

With attention being split between two major auction houses, I think we could seem some sleepers. Set those alarms!

The Comic Link offering has some pretty key pages from recent MCU events. Below are four picks that stood out to me. 

Highlights:

Avengers West Coast 51 p 4 - John Byrne 
This one is straight out of Wanda Vision with Wanda, Vision, and Agatha Harkness!
Current bid - $3600

Infinity Gauntlet 4 p 20 - Ron Lim
Another killer moment portrayed in the MCU with Iron Man defeating Thanos!
Current bid - $3700

Infinity Gauntlet 4 p 19 - Ron Lim
Wanda battles Thanos! Nuff said. 
Current bid - $3525

Spider-Gwen 24 cover a J. Scott Campbell
For the modern enthusiast, this is the issue Gwen bonds with the Venom symbiote from her universe which drastically alters her storyline going forward. This is Gwen’s ASM252/Secret Wars 8. 
Current bid - $4605

It's curious you posted this both here and on Comicart-L. Are these your consignments?

41 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Maybe it was just the stuff I was tracking, but didn’t seem like there was a lot of last minute activity tonight. 

Big moves are relative! I still have 3 to go but of the 15 consignments that finished, 7 were home runs and 3 were dudes.

The biggest home run is below.  I had it at $160 during comicartlive and I was happy when it went above that yesterday.  I'm ecstatic at the finish to say the least.

Thank you Wandavision!

Too bad those occurrences are rare for me :p

Malvin

On 4/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, Xatari said:

On 4/12/2021 at 10:17 AM, malvin said:

Heh, based on the current prices on those Auctions, they are not under the radar and will go for full value. Big name stuff rarely get ignored.

Good calls; all 4 IGs continued growing, JSC remained steady, Byrne seller made $200 off the eBay flip. All round solid results for a Focused Auction.

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

Maybe it was just the stuff I was tracking, but didn’t seem like there was a lot of last minute activity tonight. 

Plenty of last second flurries on my tracked lots.

Amazing “Triple Auction” last night with ComicConnect, ComicLink and Heritage Weekly auctions going on concurrently.  Unique opportunity to compare platforms side-by-side-by side.  

ComicConnect orders lots alphabetically by artist first name (others order by artist last names) plus extended bidding so much harder to track lot closings relative to other platforms.  I like how you can watch price updates real time (no need to refresh like ComicLink). The extended bidding approach seemed more calm and purposeful than others.  I was unable to view auction results (only for tracked lots) unlike other two platforms.  

Heritage bidding is the fastest and easiest with single “Bid” button, no need to type values or two-step confirms. Seeing bid pricing with buyer premiums included is very helpful compared to ComicConnect where you have to add 15% in your head (for select lots only).  ComicLink has no BPs of course  

ComicLink bidding in comparison is the most Darwinian....enter max bid and then your fate is instantly known, won or lost.  Hardest to snipe because if your bid is too low you get “error” then have to figure out new price level than type in higher bid and two-step confirm.  However, I like the precise timing esp with multiple auctions because you know Lot X will close at exactly 9:12pm and 25 seconds. 

Realized prices were generally strong across all platforms (to the delight of sellers).  

Edited by GreatEscape

Agree on all fronts regarding the 'triple action' and these particular formats -- I ended up selling one thing on Comiclink (it did well!) and buying something from CC at well below my max (which just means I've completely misread the market of it and paid way too much).

But it's fun when multiple auctions end close to one another...I've never felt so alive! (: 9_9

Dan