• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181

6 posts in this topic

About 3 months ago I had a chance to buy a 9.0 white pages for 5k now a 9.0 goes around 13k to 15k my question is does anyone think it’s gonna go back down has jumps like this always happened in the comic book market and come back down ? Should I wait or should I jump on the 181 bandwagon as I have just started collecting anyone who knows how the market reacts to this would really help me making a decision on buying one id like to know if this has happened before and after the hype died out that the book went back down to previous or near previous prices 

I would say this market is highly unusual and no one can really predict what's going to happen.  There are about 1,987 threads over in general with folks speculating on this market.  That said,  we can learn from historical patterns. 

Without writing a wall of text, here are my thoughts on your situation. 

Unless you need to sell or would like to flip the book for another big key,  I wouldn't sell. 

Hulk 181 will always have huge demand. Prices may correct,  but I doubt they will crash and long term Hulk 181 will always be the marquee book of the BA.  If you sell, replacing that 9.0 down the road will be expensive.  I doubt you'll ever be able to get a 9.0 for $5k again or even $10k. 

Hulk 181 has been on many hot streaks over the years. It has corrected at times and prices have stagnated from time to time,  but it's never crashed or lost for long periods and I doubt it will now.  The demand is just to great. 

28 minutes ago, Killerkelly said:

Yes I do I’d like to keep it as a keep sake but there’s a lot of money involved now but I wonder if I’d ever be able to replace it 

What's your valuation of the book?  What is the current market valuation?  That premium is the cost of happiness.  Let's say that difference is $2k.  If you own the book for 10 years, you've effectively paid $200/year for added happiness.  Is that something you're okay with?  Does that happiness offset the added stress of making such a large upfront payment and whatever potential financial difficulties/check balancing that may bring?

14 hours ago, Killerkelly said:

Yes I do I’d like to keep it as a keep sake but there’s a lot of money involved now but I wonder if I’d ever be able to replace it 

If you buy things that you truly want, then the value is somewhat priceless after you acquire it.