• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just completed my first comiclink buy
1 1

21 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah you should see that 3% not be applied upon checkout if you choose one of those options as I recall. At least you know going forward 🙂.

Now all I need is the cash in the bank instead of using plastic... ;)

5 hours ago, god503 said:

Man that 3% buyer premium really stings.... lol.  Not to mention the automatic sales tax.   A big savings from eBay turned into a slight discount...  :grin:

I haven't bought from Clink in about a year,  but I don't think the sales tax hits all states. 

I didn't pay tax with them or ComicConnect (purchased something from them last week).  

And yes,  with both, you can avoid the 3% with check or MO. 

3 hours ago, IronMan_Cave said:

Yup!! ...gonna avoid Heritage as much as I can now, unless there's a book I REALLY REALLY want

Bought a book from HA in last week's auction. 20% Buyer Premium plus Sales Tax and shipping. They also charge you 2.5% if you would like to use a credit card. :eek:

Book still hasn't shipped either. :taptaptap:

Edited by solm4st3r

3 minutes ago, solm4st3r said:

Bought a book from HA in last week's auction. 20% Buyer Premium plus Sales Tax and shipping. They also charged you 2.5% if you would like to use a credit card. :eek:

Holy excrement Batman!!!!!

ComicLink is my favorite by far.  Website is very easy to navigate. Comic Connect is next for me. Heritage is awful. Auctions are extremely confusing with the format and the buyer's premium just makes it even more confusing. At least with ComLink and Comic Connect you can avoid those fees.  In the end, as long as you know what your bid will cost, you are still in control of how much you will spend with any auction house.  ComicLink is just much easier. Plus, they ship the books so quickly. Love it.

23 hours ago, solm4st3r said:

Bought a book from HA in last week's auction. 20% Buyer Premium plus Sales Tax and shipping. They also charge you 2.5% if you would like to use a credit card. :eek:

20% ?!?!  
Jeez Louise!!!  

13 minutes ago, alexgross.com said:

none of those auction houses charge sales tax in oregon. B|

Well how nice for you. We get charged up the wazzooo in Cali :(. But then again, I just send stuff to my parents in Florida to avoid it lol