• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Byrne Xmen
2 2

42 posts in this topic

this is awesome scott! as someone of about the same generation, who also went nuts for that xmen run, i can only imagine the thrill to work on a piece like this, that has so much history to it, not to mention insane detail work. you did a wonderful job being faithful to byrne's original linework while also making it cleaner, something that i don't really think byrne does when he inks himself. the commissioner clearly picked the right inker on this! :golfclap:

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

You guys who follow me on social media might have seen me posting this over the weekend, but this is a very cool John Byrne Xmen piece I was commissioned to ink that I'd like to share. To be able to feel like I was stepping back in time in my head to 1980, a day of future past if you will (: and ink Byrne's classic take on this characters was a real hoot! I've inked Byrne a few times before, but nothing quite this dense. While I wasn't trying to channel Terry Austin on this, I was trying to give some real polish in my own way. The piece is quite large (17x22), and took far tool long to complete, but I had a good time. For anyone not in the know, Byrne is doing his own run of Xmen stories that start up right where his classic run ended, and I think he's got about 20 issues in the can! Pretty wild. Anyway, here ya go...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

Dayum! This is incredible. helluva job inking the Maestro's work, Scott!

So amazing thanks for sharing. Byrne's X-Men run is still one of the greatest Marvel runs of all time. Same with his FF run. Would love to see the X-Men project published someday.