• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these errors be recognized?

5 posts in this topic

I recently submitted an order with several types of card errors and after reading your responses to different posts I'm a little concerned that it won't qualify as an error despite them being legitimate known errors. I am now worried that I won't see these cards for a year+ and will just get them sent back after all that time. I left a very specific note on the packing slip and even included non-error versions of the cards to be graded that you guys can literally do a side by side comparison of. They are all pack fresh never played in penny sleeves in card savers. 

1. The first is No Texture error - this happens to full art cards that are supposed to be printed on a textured card with ridges but they accidentally get printed on a regular flat card. This is very well documented and well known error that is extremely rare. Here is some evidence of it: 

2. The second is Holo Bleed errors. These are also extremely well known and documented and verified. The holo portion of the card is showing up where it's not supposed to be (for example, edges, description, etc.) In this case I also provided a copy of the card that has no error for reference. It is a very clear error, one card has a huge holo "stamp" on the left side of the card and the other has a completely normal section. 

Would there be any reason these would not be accepted? And will I know before I got invoiced if they will be able to be graded?

Just now, PaulS. said:

Hello,

We do recognize no texture errors. We do not recognize holo bleed, however.

Thank you,

Paul

Thanks Paul! Killed it with the quick response.

Attached are pictures of what I sent in for the holo bleed, 

asdgasd.JPG.bf47dfac5651517bc5f2df120b442897.JPG

and regular no - error reverse holo

1084111407_61pwFCH9TL._AC_.jpg.241b436c19a3c6ae9e202b3080883911.jpg

This is clear as day some sort of holo bleed printing error it's a pack fresh card that I actually have a recording of myself opening brand new. Surely something this notice-able and prominent will be recognized as an error and graded?

If it cannot be recognized as an error will I be contacted with an option to still get it graded anyways? Would hate to have it sit there all this time just for it to be sent back not in a slab regardless

@PaulS. Following up on my message above.

1. In my submission I submit the above pictured card (1st pic) with a very clear holo bleed/ink error/stamp error and I paid extra to have it graded and recognized as an error and even submitted a regular non-error version to be graded as well that you guys can use as a comparison.

- Given this is a very clear error will this be accepted as an error and graded as such?

If not, will I be contacted to have this graded normally or will you guys simply send it back? I want to make sure it gets graded no matter what especially after it will be there for a year+

• Administrator

If the graders determine it is not an eligible error, it will simply be graded as normal and returned. 

Paul