• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1300+ High Grade Raw Books! Marvel & DC...1966 to 1975!

63 posts in this topic

Greggy, your books mailed yesterday...and the box looked anything BUT flimsy! thumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Told you already...slow boat to China for yours. tongue.gif

okay, that's it. i'm creating a new eBay ID and am going to thrill bid every one of your auctions and not pay. my name shall be xoxtrunksal

Greggy, your books mailed yesterday...and the box looked anything BUT flimsy! thumbsup2.gif

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Told you already...slow boat to China for yours. tongue.gif

okay, that's it. i'm creating a new eBay ID and am going to thrill bid every one of your auctions and not pay. my name shall be xoxtrunksal

Thanks for the info...you're already blocked. yeahok.gif

27_laughing.gif

And here I am giving it another bump, for I have received my box of sweet sweet books, and lo, spread the word to all ye know, they were accurately graded and packaged extremely well! cloud9.gif

And not one appears to be trimmed! yay.gif

Now if I could just bring myself to buy Goldust's Frontline Combat 15, I could find out how he packages his books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, buy from Nick! He's great! Now I must lie down, I'm all shilled out...

Now if I could just bring myself to buy Goldust's Frontline Combat 15, I could find out how he packages his books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Check my ebay FB on recent sales, all of which are CGC items... cool.gif

I don't mess about!!

gossip.gif

I don't mess about!!

gossip.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't mess about!!

gossip.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gee, I never thought greggy would troll that post. tongue.gifwink.gifyeahok.gif

I don't mess about!!

gossip.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's all about timing. gossip.gif

I don't mess about!!

gossip.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's all about timing. gossip.gif
hail.gif

Rightee-oh...got a show in London this weekend (the Royal National, Bedford Way, WC1 for any of our interested UK members) and will be taking everything.

Point is, if any of you haven't yet taken a look at the listing, or if you have and are thinking about buying anything, try to get orders in by Saturday, as we can shift anything between 20 and 150 books at one of these things.

I thank you. thumbsup2.gif

How do you get so much for your Thors? poke2.gif

If I had that up I'd be lucky to get one bid at $4.99. frown.gif

UK and Aussie bidders. gossip.gif

Yes it probably is partly the Aussie market.

Unfortunately I am drawn to purchasing most of my backissues in bulk from the USA & now from people like Nick because of the following reason.

I have only positive things to say about purchasing from international sellers but I would love to spend my $$$ at a local level.

Take a look at this catalogue printout from a LCS. in Melbourne. I purchased a whole submariner run from Heritage in good-fine condition & had it shipped to me in Melbourne via insured Airmail for the same price as my LCS wants for issue #2

Remember that these are in fine condition at best and most would only be in good condition.

"(#1131) SUB-MARINER (1968-1974 SERIES) (MARVEL)

2 $140.00 3-5 $90.00 6 $65.00 9 $15.00 10 $65.00

12 $45.00 13 $30.00 14 $10.00 16 $15.00 17,19-20 $35.00

21 $20.00 22-24 $25.00 30 $5.00 31-32 $20.00 33 $25.00

34 $80.00 35 $55.00 36 $30.00 37-39 $25.00 40 $35.00

41-42 $25.00 43 $15.00 44 $25.00 47 $5.00 48 $10.00

49 $5.00 51 $18.00 52 $10.00 53-54 $18.00 55 $5.00

57-58,60-63 $18.00 64-72 $14.00" 893censored-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif893censored-thumb.gif

My biggest frustration is that I would love to support my LCS but at these prices they can Kiss my ***. sumo.gif

If anyone from an Aussie store reads this please feel free to PM me if your prices are at least half realistic. I could throw some good business yor way...

Russ... sign-rantpost.gif

Russ,

893whatthe.gifThose are some serious prices!

What I don't understand is that the Oz market suffers the same constraints as the UK one...limited distribution of the books at release date, cost of shipping books in from their US homeland, fluctuating exchange rates, etc....but I'd be bloody embarrassed to ask anything like those prices!

Maybe a large portion of the price goes to the 'Rebuild The Australian Cricket Team' fund? confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Russ,

893whatthe.gifThose are some serious prices!

What I don't understand is that the Oz market suffers the same constraints as the UK one...limited distribution of the books at release date, cost of shipping books in from their US homeland, fluctuating exchange rates, etc....but I'd be bloody embarrassed to ask anything like those prices!

Maybe a large portion of the price goes to the 'Rebuild The Australian Cricket Team' fund? confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

OOOOHHHH So that's it.

Beg me to buy some Beeeautiful comics from you & when we make one little mistake on the cricket pitch it becomes open season on the poor Aussie guy. tonofbricks.gif

I shall remember these witty comments when leaving my feedback for you... flamed.gif

On a serious note. Thanks for the great shipping price to Australia Nick. I look foward to the books arriving. thumbsup2.gif

Regards,

Russ flowerred.gif